When guests are sick

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I know we've talked about this before but I'm wondering how obssessive I am about this one...I have gone behind her, after she left the room, and washed everything she touched...coffee pot handles, countertops, etc. I don't know what she has, but I don't want it. I've got the hand sanitizer working OT everytime I go near their table.

We are the same. I wiped down everything above water at the hot tub as well as everything she may have touched. Cannot afford to have people getting sick from our home!

also we are all super busy we cannot afford to be sick! She says with a head cold she caught off her chamber maid!

Yes, clean and sanitize everything you can but if she's breathing she's spreading those germs to you and everyone in the house, especially if the windows are closed. Make sure you take a daily multivitamin. If you do catch it echinacea tea works wonders.

Yes, clean and sanitize everything you can but if she's breathing she's spreading those germs to you and everyone in the house, especially if the windows are closed. Make sure you take a daily multivitamin. If you do catch it echinacea tea works wonders..
Country Girl said:
Yes, clean and sanitize everything you can but if she's breathing she's spreading those germs to you and everyone in the house, especially if the windows are closed. Make sure you take a daily multivitamin. If you do catch it echinacea tea works wonders.
I found that echinacea tea didn't work for me as I am allergic to ragweed. Same family. I was allergic to the tea that was supposed to be helping me feel better. I felt so silly! :)

Definitely keep doing what you're doing but remember this is also a prime allergy season for some, everyone is sneezing and sniffling here so we don't think too much of it. Your cold air will be there to kill all the germs soon enough!

I am taking all of the strongest things you can take just feel a bit crappy.

Yes, clean and sanitize everything you can but if she's breathing she's spreading those germs to you and everyone in the house, especially if the windows are closed. Make sure you take a daily multivitamin. If you do catch it echinacea tea works wonders..
Country Girl said:
I found that echinacea tea didn't work for me as I am allergic to ragweed. Same family. I was allergic to the tea that was supposed to be helping me feel better. I felt so silly! :)
Emily Spiers said:
Country Girl said:
I never knew that echinacea and rag weed were in the same family. That's a good tip to know. Thanks for sharing.

It is allergy season, and there are some medications and conditions that cause a chronic cough without being contagious. Not that you're not smart to clean up well after her, but it might not be catching.
Speaking of which, I got my flu shot a few days ago.

Country Girl said:
Emily Spiers said:
Country Girl said:
ME TOO!

Echinacea and a herbal capsule called "Cold Snap" is working well for us.

It is allergy season, and there are some medications and conditions that cause a chronic cough without being contagious. Not that you're not smart to clean up well after her, but it might not be catching.
Speaking of which, I got my flu shot a few days ago..
muirford said:
Speaking of which, I got my flu shot a few days ago.
All good points. May not be germy at all, but she kept me awake so I'm crabby. She slept, I slept, she was up hacking, I was up listening to her.

And when you say "sanitizer" I hope you mean the 100 ppm bleach kind we use in the kitchen, as the so-called alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes are found to have no impact on most viruses.

I use Clorox Wipes and wipe down everything for each and every room turnover i.e., light switches, door knobs, remotes and clean and sanitize the filters in the room air conditioners. It's especially important to sanitize in the bathroom around drains and the toilet, which are incredible breeding grounds for germs. On those areas I use the aforementioned bleach solution.

And when you say "sanitizer" I hope you mean the 100 ppm bleach kind we use in the kitchen, as the so-called alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes are found to have no impact on most viruses..
Tom said:
And when you say "sanitizer" I hope you mean the 100 ppm bleach kind we use in the kitchen, as the so-called alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes are found to have no impact on most viruses.
No, I meant the alcohol-based hand sanitizer and hot, soapy water. I don't keep a bucket of bleach on hand during brekkie.

And when you say "sanitizer" I hope you mean the 100 ppm bleach kind we use in the kitchen, as the so-called alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes are found to have no impact on most viruses..
Tom said:
No, I meant the alcohol-based hand sanitizer and hot, soapy water. I don't keep a bucket of bleach on hand during brekkie.
Hot soapy water is all you need :) Save the hand sanitizers for a time and place when you don't have access to hot soapy water. In fact, some studies are saying the sanitizers are a waste. I keep mine handy in my purse for situations where I cannot wash my hands.

I use Clorox Wipes and wipe down everything for each and every room turnover i.e., light switches, door knobs, remotes and clean and sanitize the filters in the room air conditioners. It's especially important to sanitize in the bathroom around drains and the toilet, which are incredible breeding grounds for germs. On those areas I use the aforementioned bleach solution..
Wow, every turnover? That's diligence!

I use Clorox Wipes and wipe down everything for each and every room turnover i.e., light switches, door knobs, remotes and clean and sanitize the filters in the room air conditioners. It's especially important to sanitize in the bathroom around drains and the toilet, which are incredible breeding grounds for germs. On those areas I use the aforementioned bleach solution..

Back