When its necessary to reheat baked goods.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are cinnamon rolls you can add some butter and reheat in oven sufficiently, microwave just makes them chewy. I don't reheat any of them though really, unlike spaghetti being better day two, baked goods don't seem to be.

If you bake homemade breads/cinnimon rolls/muffins, etc...
If you have extra, freeze them... when you are ready to use them, take them out of the freezer and put them directly into a warm oven (either your warm setting or about 200 degrees) once warmed, they will taste freshly baked.
I learned this from a pastry chef! It works.
As far as reheating something from ealier in the morning.. I'm not to sure. I would think a oven would be better???

For myself I just nuke them. It also depends on what needs reheating. We tried very hard to have fresh out of the oven for most breakfasts. I would reheat quick breads in the microwave, but yeast breads in the oven.

For me, it depends on the type of baked good. Quick breads seem to do OK to nuke. Scones are semi-OK if wrapped in slightly moist paper towel. Everything else does better in a low warming oven from my experience so far.
If I have extras, I also freeze them in serving size packages. Or my housekeeper gets some to take home :)

I will bake a double batch of muffins, wrap them 2 each in aluminum foil, then place 2 (4 muffins) into a freezer ziplock bag and throw them in the freezer. These are great for those morning you don't get up in time or are really tired...they also make a great "plan B" or when you have only 1 or 2 rooms.
Just take them from the freezer and freezer bag and throw them in the oven for about 1/2 hour. The aluminum keeps the moisture in. If you want more of a crispy top, open up the foil about 10 minutes before you remove them.
edited to add: I would only nuke them if I had gone from plan a, to plan b...there's a fine line where they get warm and then tough. Scones I'll reheat for 7-10 minutes in the oven just before serving.

Back