When NOTHING makes 'em stop

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
We have a single gentleman staying for 7 nights. He's stayed before, and each time has been sort of the same but it keeps getting worse and worse, probably because he feels so "at home".
He is a KNOW IT ALL. Whatever topic comes up he drones on and on about it. We try politely redirecting, I try clearing his plate the minute he's finished eating to try to nudge him out of the seat. DH this morning even tried blatantly contradicting something he said that was wrong about our local history. He's boring the other guests to tears.
4 more days...

Oh poor you! The only thing you can do is escape!!!! I always feel sorry for the other guests! We had one who would NOT STOP TALKING not long ago. Cheeeeze!~
RIki

The others will just get up and leave. Don't worry about them. Avoid staying in the dining area. Serve , check for any needs and then just leave. Maybe he'll get the hint.

Yes absolutely, the order of the day is "Act busy, look worried"! The other guests seem to get it at least, that we really can't do anything about it. Most of them humored him for a bit and then turned to each other to continue talking.

cry_smile.gif

We had some guests the other day that were trying to convince us that man and dinosaurs existed at the same time. I politely replied that we try not to discuss religion and politics and they fortunately took the hint.

Totally off subject....Don Draper? There was a huge debate last week on talk radio about why women are so attracted to Don Draper. He's misogynistic, sexist, racist, unethical and immoral...yet, women love him. He's a man's man; strong, sexy, take-charge kind of guy, and smoooooth. You think if they replaced him with, say, Tom Arnold, women would still be attracted to him? I think not. Sorry for the hijack but I couldn't resist
embaressed_smile.gif

Totally off subject....Don Draper? There was a huge debate last week on talk radio about why women are so attracted to Don Draper. He's misogynistic, sexist, racist, unethical and immoral...yet, women love him. He's a man's man; strong, sexy, take-charge kind of guy, and smoooooth. You think if they replaced him with, say, Tom Arnold, women would still be attracted to him? I think not. Sorry for the hijack but I couldn't resist
embaressed_smile.gif
Don does it all his way while making everyone around him feel like they're getting it their way. I love his jaded cynicism. Doesn't hurt that Jon Hamm = HOT either
teeth_smile.gif

We had some guests the other day that were trying to convince us that man and dinosaurs existed at the same time. I politely replied that we try not to discuss religion and politics and they fortunately took the hint..
Proud Texan said:
We had some guests the other day that were trying to convince us that man and dinosaurs existed at the same time. I politely replied that we try not to discuss religion and politics and they fortunately took the hint.
We could have turned that around to their favorite episode of the Flintstones...because we talk politics all the time. And the Flintstones are more fun. Religion not so much. We did have one guy I thought was going to be a problem but the guest he was getting into it with deftly turned his comments back on him.

embaressed_smile.gif
Don does it all his way while making everyone around him feel like they're getting it their way. I love his jaded cynicism. Doesn't hurt that Jon Hamm = HOT either
teeth_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
teeth_smile.gif
Totally!!!!!

embaressed_smile.gif
Sorry I guess I am out of it.who is Don Draper??
embaressed_smile.gif

I feel so much better... I don't know Don Draper either!!.
Ok just Googled him "Donald Francis "Don" Draper is a fictional character and the protagonist of AMC's television series Mad Men" Sorry...don't watch that show or that channel :-(

The main thing to remember is politics is religion to many people. Or I could say they are one and the same. If you look at our states headlines today you will know what I mean.

embaressed_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
teeth_smile.gif
Totally!!!!!
Country Girl said:
Don Draper said:
teeth_smile.gif
Totally!!!!!
barf.gif

But I will admit he is better to look at than some avatars. I need to change mine up a bit.

Back