When the breakfast is 'wrong'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Had a walk-in earlier who wanted to see the room first (didn't like the location), saw another room (it would do), asked what the breakfast was-omelets (no, that wouldn't do at all) and off he went.
Hope he finds what he's looking for.

Ridiculous! Who wouldn't love Mort's omelets!
I think he was either casing the joint to see if you had anything worth taking, or he slipped something in his pocket when you weren't looking.
No other reason to pass up omelets or a night with your great wallpaper. I really like the wallpaper in your photos.

I think he was either casing the joint to see if you had anything worth taking, or he slipped something in his pocket when you weren't looking.
No other reason to pass up omelets or a night with your great wallpaper. I really like the wallpaper in your photos..
Gomez's omelets. I don't cook. And I even said that to him.
I hear wallpaper is making a comeback. I'm ripping it all down...except where it is the only thing holding the house together, then it stays...

No other reason to pass up omelets or a night with your great wallpaper. I really like the wallpaper in your photos..
I hear wallpaper is making a comeback. I'm ripping it all down...except where it is the only thing holding the house together, then it stays...
Morticia said:
Ah yes, I should have remembered who does the breakfast and who gets to enjoy a little more well-deserved rest. Can't believe anybody would pass up Gomez's omelets.
Sorry to hear the wallpaper has to go. It's some of the best I've seen. Rich. Vivid. The aspiring innkeeper seminar I attended in July recommended I stay away from wallpaper, saying it eventually starts to curl and peel at the edges...and I remember you telling about somebody finding a peeling edge at your place and apparently giving it a jerk...so I'd already decided to just go with painted walls, using a paint that will always be easy to match for touch-up work.

Morticia said:
Ah yes, I should have remembered who does the breakfast and who gets to enjoy a little more well-deserved rest. Can't believe anybody would pass up Gomez's omelets.
Sorry to hear the wallpaper has to go. It's some of the best I've seen. Rich. Vivid. The aspiring innkeeper seminar I attended in July recommended I stay away from wallpaper, saying it eventually starts to curl and peel at the edges...and I remember you telling about somebody finding a peeling edge at your place and apparently giving it a jerk...so I'd already decided to just go with painted walls, using a paint that will always be easy to match for touch-up work.
I do have to say that wallpaper done right (as this stuff was 25 years ago) will stay up pretty well for a long time. We have one spot that just will not lie flat no matter what but it's in the haunted room so I just let it go. If that's the worst that happens...
But, I wouldn't put the paper in a bathroom. That's just asking for trouble.
That one annoying little brat who picked at the paper while lying in bed was a pain. You know, tho, in your old building I bet wallpaper would really go well. I had a great wallpaper in my old dining room that I would put up here in a heartbeat if anyone made it.

Morticia said:
I do have to say that wallpaper done right (as this stuff was 25 years ago) will stay up pretty well for a long time. We have one spot that just will not lie flat no matter what but it's in the haunted room so I just let it go. If that's the worst that happens...
But, I wouldn't put the paper in a bathroom. That's just asking for trouble.
That one annoying little brat who picked at the paper while lying in bed was a pain. You know, tho, in your old building I bet wallpaper would really go well. I had a great wallpaper in my old dining room that I would put up here in a heartbeat if anyone made it.
Morticia said:
...in your old building I bet wallpaper would really go well...
Yeah, you're right. It still has the original wallpaper! From 1895! Very different from any patterns I've ever seen in today's world. Some of it is really "loud".
It all has to go, of course. It's in horrible shape. Crumbles if you touch it. The architect says duplicating the original, like in a true restoration, would cost in the $40,000 range, so forget that!
We'll see what comes. I'm planning to seek expert advice (some sort of historic interior decorator who works for the architect in Little Rock) and will try to use as least SOME paper, if it's commercially available and works with the building's period and our budget!
I've heard that old wall paper (and what looks like linoleum flooring) like I'll be taking out of the building can be cut in to 1 sq. foot sections and sold as wall art. I'll try to salvage some to sell in my "gift shop".

Back