When the windows are open...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guess what? I can hear you in the parking lot discussing me and how you're going to another place up the street instead.

That is just one of the reasons why we love that we get very few walk-ins or lookie lous.
I can deal with the rare guest who "settled" for our place because everything a block from the Plaza was fully booked. We also can live with the fact that no matter how hard we try, they just won't embrace what it is we are offering here.
But it takes a special talent to have them knock on the door, scrutinize your place, rates, amenities, etc. then actually hear them rejecting you in your own parking lot and not want to throw a mop out the window at them.
Your patience is inspiring.

That is just one of the reasons why we love that we get very few walk-ins or lookie lous.
I can deal with the rare guest who "settled" for our place because everything a block from the Plaza was fully booked. We also can live with the fact that no matter how hard we try, they just won't embrace what it is we are offering here.
But it takes a special talent to have them knock on the door, scrutinize your place, rates, amenities, etc. then actually hear them rejecting you in your own parking lot and not want to throw a mop out the window at them.
Your patience is inspiring..
A substantial chunk of my biz is walk-in. I grew that really thick skin the first year we were here. You know where they went? The $100/night joint where the 'cook' smokes like a chimney while he makes your breakfast. And all I kept hearing the women in the group saying was, 'But is it a NICE place?' and off they went. I hurt tho, 3 rooms...

i took 'em at $100 a night as you know ... because the hotel across the street would if i didn't ... and he 'threw in breakfast'. heck, i needed to pay the electric bill ....
but i promise, i never smoked while i cooked breakfast ... unless i was burning something ...

Just had a call for four in one room, then she said, When we get there and don't like it will you give us our money back? I said, NO.
Stopped that booking in time. She decided to go ahead and book the one room - so I am thinking, is she going to hide the other two people in her skirt or something? There was not enough hesitation before agreeing to take the room.

i took 'em at $100 a night as you know ... because the hotel across the street would if i didn't ... and he 'threw in breakfast'. heck, i needed to pay the electric bill ....
but i promise, i never smoked while i cooked breakfast ... unless i was burning something ....
They never mentioned price. The 2 who came in seemed very happy with the place but the one I could hear outside was not one who came in and she was loud. And she was also the one who kept asking about how 'nice' the other place was. I hate when groups or couples split up like that. It's always the loud one who gets their way.

Just had a call for four in one room, then she said, When we get there and don't like it will you give us our money back? I said, NO.
Stopped that booking in time. She decided to go ahead and book the one room - so I am thinking, is she going to hide the other two people in her skirt or something? There was not enough hesitation before agreeing to take the room..
I had one like that, too. Started off with 4-5 guests then booked for 2. I don't remember how many showed up.

Your patience is inspiring..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Your patience is inspiring.
That would be the perfect time to turn on the lawn sprinklers.

Back