When their trash becomes your trash

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just cleaned a guest room. I guess they decided this was as good a place as any to dump out all their travel trash. Altho these guests were shown where the 'big' trash is when they first arrived, they must have decided they didn't want to throw their car trash in the garbage can, but instead hauled it all to their room. Looks like a week's worth of McD's and other drive-up junk. We get a lot of trash here due to the shopping, but I hate when guests dump the car trash in the room and it stinks.
We also have to clean the carpet after they went hiking and traipsed all over in muddy boots.

I hear ya! That happens to us all the time because often we're their last night before traveling to the airport. We also get all the honeymooners who open their gifts here and leave all the wrapping paper, ribbons and boxes in their room. It makes it tough on us because we don't have trash pick-up.
"We also have to clean the carpet after they went hiking and traipsed all over in muddy boots" We have mostly hardwood floors, but around here we get the guests who have more sand in their pants than what they left on the beach! Yesterday I had to clean a big jacuzzi tub 3 times before I got all the sand out of it!
(ok, vent over)
wink_smile.gif

That is my biggest guest pet peeve. They walk in with their arms full of stinky trash and hand it to me. Thanks.

I hear ya! That happens to us all the time because often we're their last night before traveling to the airport. We also get all the honeymooners who open their gifts here and leave all the wrapping paper, ribbons and boxes in their room. It makes it tough on us because we don't have trash pick-up.
"We also have to clean the carpet after they went hiking and traipsed all over in muddy boots" We have mostly hardwood floors, but around here we get the guests who have more sand in their pants than what they left on the beach! Yesterday I had to clean a big jacuzzi tub 3 times before I got all the sand out of it!
(ok, vent over)
wink_smile.gif
OK, given you were cleaning that sand out of the Jacuzzi, my guess is it wasn't it their pants.
embaressed_smile.gif

That is my biggest guest pet peeve. They walk in with their arms full of stinky trash and hand it to me. Thanks..
Country Girl said:
That is my biggest guest pet peeve. They walk in with their arms full of stinky trash and hand it to me. Thanks.
Yep, happened to me just yesterday. Came in with their arms loaded with empty water and soda bottles and a some paper trash. It never ceases to amaze me - the garbage can is about 10 steps from their car - unavoidable if you can see, yet they walk carrying all this stuff 60 feet to my door.
cry_smile.gif

(ok, vent over)
wink_smile.gif
OK, given you were cleaning that sand out of the Jacuzzi, my guess is it wasn't it their pants.
embaressed_smile.gif

Ha! Good point! Me thinks they still brought some home with them!
devil_smile.gif

Trash happens... It may not be the nicest thing to do but we are taking care of the traveling public.
The muddy boots are another deal.

its a nightmare where I am as the council will only take our personal domestic trash (ie two bags) well you can imagine how much trash 12 bedrooms makes so we have to either pay extra to have it collected or take it all to the tip ourselves. We prefer to do this as it is more hygenic from a pests point of view but we shouldn't have to as we pay a lot of business rates to the council for the privalidge of running a business. GRRR.

Back