When was the last time you WROTE a thank u card?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
When was the last time you WROTE a thank u card?
More about the importance of saying thank u the old fashioned way?
click here

I always write them for any presents I get as I always remember my grandmar used to send money to my cousin and he never even rang to say it had got there and it really upset her so I always send a card and if I can put in a note with chatty news etc. I do it partly so they know you have received a thing as I send things in the post all the time and people never say thanks (ie lost property) to say they have received it and I always wonder. I sent a friend of mine a wedding photo album and it took her 6 months to say they had it. I always wonder if that's how long it takes to get there? LOL

Samster, it is how YOU ARE. Not your mother. Sorry I just want to clarify that, plenty of mothers teach their kids things they do not do. And plenty of mothers DO NOT teach their kids to do the right thing. It is YOU, you are sweet and caring and do these things which are YOU.
I applaud all the card writers. I have ZERO relatives that send a card or letter, ever. ZERO. We have relatives all over the world and USA. There is no thought given to anyone these days. My grandmother has nothing else to do but watch tv and has her kids, grandkids and great grandkids and never sends a card to any of them. FOR SHAME.
I am thankful for the lovely friends in my life who send cards!

Hey this blogger has an ode to friends today
wink_smile.gif

Friends (An Ode)[/h3]

I always write them for any presents I get as I always remember my grandmar used to send money to my cousin and he never even rang to say it had got there and it really upset her so I always send a card and if I can put in a note with chatty news etc. I do it partly so they know you have received a thing as I send things in the post all the time and people never say thanks (ie lost property) to say they have received it and I always wonder. I sent a friend of mine a wedding photo album and it took her 6 months to say they had it. I always wonder if that's how long it takes to get there? LOL.
I always write them for any presents I get as I always remember my grandmar used to send money to my cousin and he never even rang to say it had got there and it really upset her so I always send a card and if I can put in a note with chatty news etc. I do it partly so they know you have received a thing as I send things in the post all the time and people never say thanks (ie lost property) to say they have received it and I always wonder. I sent a friend of mine a wedding photo album and it took her 6 months to say they had it. I always wonder if that's how long it takes to get there? LOL
I have nieces and nephews and rel's all over, some who got married and we sent gifts and money, other have bdays year round - never have they send a tu card or EMAIL for that matter.
BUT we have guests - see it is the B&B people who appreciate what we do! We have guests who will go out and BUY A THANKYOU CARD from Hallmark when they are here and leave it in the room or mail one from home. I have a whole folder of them and I cherish them!
So thank you for our guests! The sweet ones!

Samster, it is how YOU ARE. Not your mother. Sorry I just want to clarify that, plenty of mothers teach their kids things they do not do. And plenty of mothers DO NOT teach their kids to do the right thing. It is YOU, you are sweet and caring and do these things which are YOU.
I applaud all the card writers. I have ZERO relatives that send a card or letter, ever. ZERO. We have relatives all over the world and USA. There is no thought given to anyone these days. My grandmother has nothing else to do but watch tv and has her kids, grandkids and great grandkids and never sends a card to any of them. FOR SHAME.
I am thankful for the lovely friends in my life who send cards! .
Aw, shucks....thanks!
embaressed_smile.gif
I am thinking about what you said, as my 3 older brothers were also raised to write thank you notes and they never do. But, they do send greeting cards (or have delegated that job to their wives...lol!) I need to get after my own rotten kid to be better about writing notes.
btw - what is the Emily Post rule about wedding gift thank yous? We have not received one yet from a wedding we went to in July.

Back