When you have kids helping you with breakfast...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I got a good chuckle out of this, I hope you will too. You know kids, we tell them to sit up straight at the table, eat your food, finish your food, I don't care if you don't like it - eat it!
Well a guest requested a special meal for her one night stay. Like I often do, I bent the entire meal around her dietary requirements since I have a couple other two nighters as well. Breakfast at 9am, she came down at 945am. I put most of her special meal into a pan and reheated it there, and she had the EXTRA/ADDITIONAL fresh fruit galore I made sure to buy just for her.
I was checking out another room when daughter called me into the kitchen and pointed by the sink "LOOK! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW! LOOK!" and there sat the plate with one bite out of it, and the rest still there.
I had to laugh. These kids know the rules, why don't adults follow them?
chef.gif

She should have said that to the guest as she cleared the plate, 'You know my mother made all of that especially for you. Where are your manners?'
Hey, we ought to solemnly swear that in the upcoming year we, the innkeepers, are in charge and stop the innsanity.
wink_smile.gif

inncharge of the innsanity you mean. haha
I was just pleased that she was mad about it, they both were, it tickled me. Left it there to show me! Something actually SUNK IN for once.
BTW I found a pretzel making kit at the grocery store in the baking section, big doughy soft pretzels - Kathleen has been taunting me with those this whole year! So when I saw them I thought, hey I am going to buy that kit and make it a mother-daughter project today. If all else fails, it will be turned into pizza dough, also a good idea.
this is it here

I was just pleased that she was mad about it, they both were, it tickled me. Left it there to show me! Something actually SUNK IN for once.
BTW I found a pretzel making kit at the grocery store in the baking section, big doughy soft pretzels - Kathleen has been taunting me with those this whole year! So when I saw them I thought, hey I am going to buy that kit and make it a mother-daughter project today. If all else fails, it will be turned into pizza dough, also a good idea.
this is it here.
My Mother brought us an Auntie Annes pretzel making kit over T-day - didn't have time to do it then, but am hoping my grown daughters will be into it over Xmas! Let me know how your adventure goes!

this is it here.
Heh-heh-heh!! At least I gave you the recipe!

Joey, thats is a sign that you are doing a good job! Keep up the good work
thumbs_up.gif

Back