Where can I buy good top sheets to do triple sheeting?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Looking at simplifying our cleaning process when we reopen. Going to triple sheeting with either a blanket or a duvet as the ‘sandwich meat.’ Where can I get nice top sheets? I want all white so I can go to any room and not worry about coordinating color.
i do like the toppers at mid range hotels but they’re $80 each. Given the slimness off the budget, I need something half that price.
Duvet covers are too much work and require getting too close to take them off.

https://www.amazon.com/flat-sheets/b?ie=UTF8&node=10749181 Found this. Did a Goo on Flat Sheets. Wayfair & Overstock came up also

I've slept on triple-sheeted beds, and I often still manage to get it opened up in the night and have the blanket touch my face. I HATE THAT!!
Something I've thought about before, because it's so hard to stuff a duvet into a standard duvet cover. Rather than sandwiching a blanket or duvet between two flat sheets, why wouldn't it work to do one of the following?
  1. Duvet covers are already open at the bottom and sealed on both sides and at the top. Why not cut and hem the duvet cover up both sides (maybe leave just the top 12" or so of the sides shut) so it's only sealed at the top. It would then be so easy to open up fully, lay the duvet or blanket right in, and close it back up. OR
  2. Take 2 flat sheets and sew them together just along the top, and maybe a foot or so down the sides, so, like above, it's easy to put in the duvet or blanket, but the top is sewn shut so no danger of the guest contacting the blanket.

I would use a normal set of sheets and buy extra microfibre white sheets. Preferably a heavier microfibre. Or you could get Az's duvet covers. Take a bit longer to get used to putting them on, but they still work and keep people from touching the duvet.

Looking at simplifying our cleaning process when we reopen. Going to triple sheeting with either a blanket or a duvet as the ‘sandwich meat.’ Where can I get nice top sheets? I want all white so I can go to any room and not worry about coordinating color.
i do like the toppers at mid range hotels but they’re $80 each. Given the slimness off the budget, I need something half that price.
Duvet covers are too much work and require getting too close to take them off.
Just use a good quality top sheet. Wamsutta makes a 500 thread count cotton sheet that's nice and hefty. BTW, we also just put our duvet covers on top of the duvet, like a top sheet.

Being as this showed back up, here’s how it’s working out: totally stripping beds after checkout as no one is keeping the ‘sandwich’ together. (I make my own bed the same way and I don’t seem to have a problem keeping the duvet tucked inside the sandwich, so who knows.) Which means washing the top cover, the sheets, the duvet cover/blanket. One load/bed. It’s taking hours longer to do laundry. I got a lightweight polyester cover (ugh, but it dries in ten minutes) and everyone who has mentioned them has liked how light and clean looking they make the rooms. The sanitizing cycle is one hour, thirty minutes so having the dry time be so short is helpful. Plus, the quilts would never survive the heat.

Being as this showed back up, here’s how it’s working out: totally stripping beds after checkout as no one is keeping the ‘sandwich’ together. (I make my own bed the same way and I don’t seem to have a problem keeping the duvet tucked inside the sandwich, so who knows.) Which means washing the top cover, the sheets, the duvet cover/blanket. One load/bed. It’s taking hours longer to do laundry. I got a lightweight polyester cover (ugh, but it dries in ten minutes) and everyone who has mentioned them has liked how light and clean looking they make the rooms. The sanitizing cycle is one hour, thirty minutes so having the dry time be so short is helpful. Plus, the quilts would never survive the heat.
I ended up using Comfy shams and duvet cover over a new lightweight comforter as a top cover with cotton blanket and sheets under. Works well. But like you it all gets stripped of, including mattress pad to be laundered after every guest. Piles of laundry for just one accommodation!

I ended up using Comfy shams and duvet cover over a new lightweight comforter as a top cover with cotton blanket and sheets under. Works well. But like you it all gets stripped of, including mattress pad to be laundered after every guest. Piles of laundry for just one accommodation!
The tough part is all the one nighters. We’ve had three rooms stay for a week, everyone else has been 1-2 nights.

The tough part is all the one nighters. We’ve had three rooms stay for a week, everyone else has been 1-2 nights. When having to launder EVERYTHING in the room, it just wasn't worth it for 1 nighters. People seem to understand. I even went to 2 night minimum on our wedding/elopement packages. Since we're a budget way to get married, we used to get a lot of people who wanted to save money by just staying 1 night. I just won't do it anymore. Hasn't seemed to hurt reservations.

Since I'm getting the 2 night minimum, I often block out the room for 1 night between reservations just so we can get a little relief.

There is so little business here now I can’t force two night stays. Wish I could because a single night uses three actual nights - one before, the booked night, then one after. So, yeah, the calendar looks busy, but most of that is empty space.

Talked to an innkeeper competitor in town and we both agreed we're seeing a slight uptick in longer-stay guests -- 4, 5 and 6-day stays.
An incentive/promotion for week-long stays might bear some fruit, Mort.

The tough part is all the one nighters. We’ve had three rooms stay for a week, everyone else has been 1-2 nights.
[/QUOTE

Even in leaf-peeping season? Can't you at least ask for 2-3 nights? And the beauty of the Comfy duvet and shams is that they launder and dry quickly with a wrinkle-free finish. It did take half a dozen wash and dry cycles to get the original packing wrinkle out but they can take the high heat we need for these times and don't need any ironing or smoothing out of the dryer.

I have been stocking up on high quality consumer sheets at thrift stores. Most a pretty heavy for a sheet. It is working well. To address the "touching the blanket thing" I just make a 12 inch fold over with the two top sheets (the bread). Never had a problem. i use fleece blankets so they are light. So laundry loads are only sheets.

I have been stocking up on high quality consumer sheets at thrift stores. Most a pretty heavy for a sheet. It is working well. To address the "touching the blanket thing" I just make a 12 inch fold over with the two top sheets (the bread). Never had a problem. i use fleece blankets so they are light. So laundry loads are only sheets.
As the days progressed my fold over got bigger and bigger. Hasn’t made a bit of difference! Every bed, except one that was a single person, has been torn apart.

As the days progressed my fold over got bigger and bigger. Hasn’t made a bit of difference! Every bed, except one that was a single person, has been torn apart.

Try getting some duvet ties. And clip the corners together.
61ibEoSuHfL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

I tuck the bottom, do hospital corners but leave the long end open. Usually works, but it depends on how much people are squirming. If they squirm a lot, you can a knot at the bottom corner and tuck that in, it gives more "pull"

Back