where is kathleen?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
just wondering ... haven't noticed a post from shinnston lately.
kathleen, are you out there?
hope all is well.

I think she commented she was preparing to go someplace. (the details escape me)

SS, Thank you so much for noticing! I left early Monday morning for the Governor's Conference on Tourism. Got home last night and have been in overdrive ever since.
Fortunately, my last night guest is someone I can te;; go up and find the room that is clean and for breakfast could just shove stuff over on the table and we sat down. She was in to teach a Business Business class (meaning from 8 to 9) on Psycho Marketing sponsored by our City. I do a pot of coffee and muffins for these classes. Now I am cleaning up all rooms and doing 2 weeks worth of laundry - I may have to resort to the dryer for lack of line space and DH wants me ready to go to dinner at 5pm. 2 rooms due in tomorrow.

SS, Thank you so much for noticing! I left early Monday morning for the Governor's Conference on Tourism. Got home last night and have been in overdrive ever since.
Fortunately, my last night guest is someone I can te;; go up and find the room that is clean and for breakfast could just shove stuff over on the table and we sat down. She was in to teach a Business Business class (meaning from 8 to 9) on Psycho Marketing sponsored by our City. I do a pot of coffee and muffins for these classes. Now I am cleaning up all rooms and doing 2 weeks worth of laundry - I may have to resort to the dryer for lack of line space and DH wants me ready to go to dinner at 5pm. 2 rooms due in tomorrow..
Hey the conference actually got mentioned on the D.C. News....I was half expecting them to be seen interviewing you:) They actually interviewed a guy from Snowshoe and how WV is really focusing on tourism. Too bad our VA GOV....doesn't get it... They are cutting our tourism division by 4 million$$$ and maybe more. Any VA folks out there...write your state Legislator.
I know times are tough all around..but we need to increase tourism to bring in more bucks!!! Don't they get that????

Fortunately, my last night guest is someone I can te;; go up and find the room that is clean and for breakfast could just shove stuff over on the table and we sat down. She was in to teach a Business Business class (meaning from 8 to 9) on Psycho Marketing sponsored by our City. I do a pot of coffee and muffins for these classes. Now I am cleaning up all rooms and doing 2 weeks worth of laundry - I may have to resort to the dryer for lack of line space and DH wants me ready to go to dinner at 5pm. 2 rooms due in tomorrow..
Hey the conference actually got mentioned on the D.C. News....I was half expecting them to be seen interviewing you:) They actually interviewed a guy from Snowshoe and how WV is really focusing on tourism. Too bad our VA GOV....doesn't get it... They are cutting our tourism division by 4 million$$$ and maybe more. Any VA folks out there...write your state Legislator.
I know times are tough all around..but we need to increase tourism to bring in more bucks!!! Don't they get that????
Several years ago, our dimbulbs raided the Tourism Marketing Funds (the grant fund) to cover a shortfall (if they did not insist on spending so much on programs....) and realized what they had been told was true - rather than taking an egg, they killed the goose. Tax revenues and visitors went down. The grant program came back - revised to be even more favorable to the "little guy" (still requires a partner) and the numbers climbed up again.
We are fortunate to have an excellent Tourism Division staff. Tourism is recognized as a "Player" in our State. The Gov gave the keynote speech at lunch Tuesday (and it was actually more than a re-elect me speech).

Welcome back!
Swirt has new goodies for us!
:welcome:
=)
Kk..
Where are these??? They don't show up for my emoticons
cry_smile.gif

Welcome Back! Hope it was a good trip.

Welcome Back! Hope it was a good trip.
Thank you. It was a very good trip. I got to introduce the new Marketing Chair to a lot of people and he started making his own connections which is great. I got to talk to a lot of people I had not seen in a year - since the last Governor's Conference on Tourism. One of my ads was used as a tool in a marketing class. I will try to upload it and give you guys the bene of what was said. The Admin Assistant to the Tourism Commissioner sent the speaker to me to get the ad he used. It is always great to be able to help the Division - they do a LOT for us. There was also an Enviro Workshop. I will make two threads of them.

Back