Where is your laundry room located?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is in a room adjacent to the kitchen with a mudroom/butlers pantry in between the kitchen and dining room. The butlers pantry allowed me some overflow from the laundry room with all the linens as they were staged to go in the single washer & dryer. This serviced 2 rooms upstairs (one room could be a 2 bedroom suite and the other had 2 beds, so total of 4 beds max). We also had a laundry room in the second house next door with one washer & dryer for 3 rooms (total of 4 beds max there). The quirk in the laundry room next door is that you have to go in a hallway door to a guest bathroom, then sharp right to the door to the laundry room. We were going to move the door in the bathroom to the laundry to the hallway but it was down on the project list. And then we decided to close the biz...
Bless your hearts to the folks who manage their B&B laundry right in the kitchen or office. I can't imagine having to do that when we were flipping the rooms.

Mine is in a room adjacent to the kitchen with a mudroom/butlers pantry in between the kitchen and dining room. The butlers pantry allowed me some overflow from the laundry room with all the linens as they were staged to go in the single washer & dryer. This serviced 2 rooms upstairs (one room could be a 2 bedroom suite and the other had 2 beds, so total of 4 beds max). We also had a laundry room in the second house next door with one washer & dryer for 3 rooms (total of 4 beds max there). The quirk in the laundry room next door is that you have to go in a hallway door to a guest bathroom, then sharp right to the door to the laundry room. We were going to move the door in the bathroom to the laundry to the hallway but it was down on the project list. And then we decided to close the biz...
Bless your hearts to the folks who manage their B&B laundry right in the kitchen or office. I can't imagine having to do that when we were flipping the rooms..
I would also say we have a big linen cupboard on the top landing as we have 6 bedrooms on that floor which means we arn't doing 3 flights to the ground floor for sheets, towels etc.

Back