Where to list the Wifi Password?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anyone tell me how to change the password? I don't know if it varies by modem, but it's been the same since the beginning of time & I'd like to change it just to get any hangers-on booted off.

can anyone tell me how to change the password? I don't know if it varies by modem, but it's been the same since the beginning of time & I'd like to change it just to get any hangers-on booted off..
Figure out what you've got for a router and look up the directions online. You will quite often find lots of people who found a better way than what the company directions state.
Caveat- give yourself some time to do this. It usually takes DH a few hours to get everything to work again. If you have hardcoded the pw into your computer, you'll have to change that as well.

Ours are kept in the guest room binder on the first page, followed by the next five nearest restaurant menus, We also made a dvd on the homes history with vintage photos inside the binder and offer the dvd for sale in out gift shop. The dvd has saved us from the endless morning dribble by answering most of the questions. Then in each room is a smallish frame explaining those things in short one sentence burst that every other guest seems to ask. Questions like how long have you lived here and did the home come furnished. I have these frames throughout the home in every room so it kinda makes it like a scavenger hunt for them. No two frames have the same question on them and the golden room at check in and basically the only ruleis if a room is closed please respect the privacy of that room otherwise feel free to explore..
We wish guests would respect closed doors. Again today we found a bathroom in an unrented room had been used. Toilet plugged solid and not a word mentioned to us of the problem. Do the guests think it's OK to leave that mess for the next guest? Or do they simply think we clean every room everyday whether it was rented or not?
I still don't understand how they thought it was ok to try all the doors and let themselves into another room. Maybe THAT guest just stepped out for coffee in the morning!
We only found it because we decided to clean carpets today and went into the room.
This is why I have all my doors locked I have enough work to do without doing the work I already have twice.
On another forum a lady did leave her doors unlocked - checked a chap in - he decided to reallocate his room and moved into another one - she was furious as it was a room a regular liked best and he was due to check into it that night! keeps her doors locked now!
PO's to us used to leave the keys for check in's for easy access by the back door - got this stopped when one of our regulars checked her colleague in so as "to be helpful" didn't tell us so we waited up to 11pm for him!
That was the last straw!

Ours are kept in the guest room binder on the first page, followed by the next five nearest restaurant menus, We also made a dvd on the homes history with vintage photos inside the binder and offer the dvd for sale in out gift shop. The dvd has saved us from the endless morning dribble by answering most of the questions. Then in each room is a smallish frame explaining those things in short one sentence burst that every other guest seems to ask. Questions like how long have you lived here and did the home come furnished. I have these frames throughout the home in every room so it kinda makes it like a scavenger hunt for them. No two frames have the same question on them and the golden room at check in and basically the only ruleis if a room is closed please respect the privacy of that room otherwise feel free to explore..
We wish guests would respect closed doors. Again today we found a bathroom in an unrented room had been used. Toilet plugged solid and not a word mentioned to us of the problem. Do the guests think it's OK to leave that mess for the next guest? Or do they simply think we clean every room everyday whether it was rented or not?
I still don't understand how they thought it was ok to try all the doors and let themselves into another room. Maybe THAT guest just stepped out for coffee in the morning!
We only found it because we decided to clean carpets today and went into the room.
This is why I have all my doors locked I have enough work to do without doing the work I already have twice.
On another forum a lady did leave her doors unlocked - checked a chap in - he decided to reallocate his room and moved into another one - she was furious as it was a room a regular liked best and he was due to check into it that night! keeps her doors locked now!
PO's to us used to leave the keys for check in's for easy access by the back door - got this stopped when one of our regulars checked her colleague in so as "to be helpful" didn't tell us so we waited up to 11pm for him!
That was the last straw!
We went out for dinner last night with friends. None of our guests had arrived before we left. Every stinkin' door in the house was locked other than the 2 rooms they were going to be in.

How many times can we say "LOCK THE DOORS"! Damn inconsiderate guests!!!
Well, I went from open to closed. I guess locked is next. And this is the second time in a week. Last time I found the guest IN the room. Drunk.
Maddie! Close and lock the doors of the rooms that are not booked! Not good for you when guests trespass. Guests don't want to know that other folks can enter their room before their arrival either. Just sayin'....

Well, I went from open to closed. I guess locked is next. And this is the second time in a week. Last time I found the guest IN the room. Drunk.
Maddie! Close and lock the doors of the rooms that are not booked! Not good for you when guests trespass. Guests don't want to know that other folks can enter their room before their arrival either. Just sayin'....
Samster said:
All the doors are closed and locked. The rooms will smell musty, but I can't have it all. Either I have sweet-smelling rooms or I have trespassers. Too bad people can't just respect boundaries.

Samster said:
All the doors are closed and locked. The rooms will smell musty, but I can't have it all. Either I have sweet-smelling rooms or I have trespassers. Too bad people can't just respect boundaries.
Then leave the air conditioner on fan to circulate the air.

Samster said:
If I havn't used a room in a couple of days and know people are coming in - I open the window a bit that day solves the problem in a cheap and easy way.

Samster said:
YAY!! Good for you...it was a long time coming! People are just too dang curious...

It was after 10pm last night when they rang "Your WIFI is not working" which was odd since I was on my iPad at the time...
We call. They do the song and dance about it not working and how they need it and blah blah blah.
"What is the name of the connection?" we ask.
"Gilmore family" (whoever they are, obv neighbors in the nearby apartments)
"Well do you see on that says B&B GUEST?"
DUH!
It is the GPS mentality all over again...clueless people with technology.

It was after 10pm last night when they rang "Your WIFI is not working" which was odd since I was on my iPad at the time...
We call. They do the song and dance about it not working and how they need it and blah blah blah.
DUH!
It is the GPS mentality all over again...clueless people with technology..
DOUBLE DUH!!! You mean we aren't staying with the Gilmores
cry_smile.gif

DUH!
It was probably not funny at the time but it was pretty hilarious to me just now. :)

DUH!
Had one this week. Couldn't figure out which network to join. It's named after the B&B. Her friend figured it out.
I swear sometimes that they couldn't find this a$$ with a map and their lips already kissing it.

Back