"Where's the balcony?"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
What do you say to guests who have a completely different idea of what the room they booked looks like? We don't have balconies on any of our rooms and this guest asked where his balcony was. He was looking for a door in the room to get to it. My confirms all have descriptions of the rooms and would definitely include something like a balcony. Nothing was mentioned about having a balcony when he booked, so what do you say to people who don't remember what they booked?

I'll bet he looked at other places on-line, and one he liked had a balcony, then he ended up picking you and got things mixed up.
I've done that in planning a trip, studied so many different websites that they all start to run together.

Gosh happens all the time, people book one night here and there for every night in a row for a week, they also look at many like you had just done without booking. Ie they had no real time booking engine or they called and never got a return call etc.
Remember my guests two or three weeks ago who had printed out 10+ pages on our place? In color, it was kinda creepy at first, but then i think I figured it out.

Yeah, that's what I figured and we do get a fair number of guests who 'remember' they booked the pricey room for the cheap price. We offer to move them if possible, for the additional fee, and then they remember they really wanted the cheap room.
These folks were just out of sorts. They were weirded out by the fact they drove for 2 hours and went thru 4 states. The door code threw them. The stairs threw them. Breakfast threw them. Not having 2 bathrooms threw them. Happy guests at breakfast threw them. They were grumpy and contrary no matter who spoke with them. They've never been to this part of the country before and everything was weird.

Hey I still can't get over the choice of pork rinds in the vending machine...I have lived here 7 years now!

Ahhh!
wink_smile.gif

Yeah, that's what I figured and we do get a fair number of guests who 'remember' they booked the pricey room for the cheap price. We offer to move them if possible, for the additional fee, and then they remember they really wanted the cheap room.
These folks were just out of sorts. They were weirded out by the fact they drove for 2 hours and went thru 4 states. The door code threw them. The stairs threw them. Breakfast threw them. Not having 2 bathrooms threw them. Happy guests at breakfast threw them. They were grumpy and contrary no matter who spoke with them. They've never been to this part of the country before and everything was weird..
Morticia said:
Not having 2 bathrooms threw them.
Two bathrooms? They thought their B&B room would have two bathrooms? Is their last name Rockefeller?

"Sorry, none of our rooms have balconies, we have never had any balconies in our inn." That's all I would.say.

These folks were just out of sorts. They were weirded out by the fact they drove for 2 hours and went thru 4 states. The door code threw them. The stairs threw them. Breakfast threw them. Not having 2 bathrooms threw them. Happy guests at breakfast threw them. They were grumpy and contrary no matter who spoke with them. They've never been to this part of the country before and everything was weird..
Morticia said:
Two bathrooms? They thought their B&B room would have two bathrooms? Is their last name Rockefeller?
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
I don't think the thought there would be 2 bathrooms in their bedroom, but I do know they rattled the doorknobs on the other rooms trying to get in...we heard them. Then he came downstairs and asked where the 'guest' bathroom was.
No matter where else they go this week, they will be so much happier there than they were here.

Morticia said:
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
I don't think the thought there would be 2 bathrooms in their bedroom, but I do know they rattled the doorknobs on the other rooms trying to get in...we heard them. Then he came downstairs and asked where the 'guest' bathroom was.
No matter where else they go this week, they will be so much happier there than they were here.
Morticia said:
Do you really think so? They sound like folks who are pretty unhappy, and happy with it being that way. That is, I think some people like being the victim and having things to complain about. It's their hobby.

Some people are all talk they just say whatever comes into their heads. It is not anything negative really, just babble on. Not sure if these were that way, but we have had guests like this, they are just different to other regular guests, it is a different way about them.

Morticia said:
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
Morticia said:
Do you really think so? They sound like folks who are pretty unhappy, and happy with it being that way. That is, I think some people like being the victim and having things to complain about. It's their hobby.
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
Amen to that.

Back