Where's the innkeeper? He/She has "Gone Doily"™

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Going Doily/Gone Doily™ = adj. when an innkeeper has temporarily emotionally, physically and/or mentally gone off the deep end. Innkeeper may have gone/go wild, postal, but in a restrained, and yet upright manner.
example:
"Where is JB?" I wonder.
"She's gone doily!"™ comes the reply.
Why or how can an innkeeper "Go Doily"™?
Guests check out an hour late and have to be told to get out finally, there is a full house check in, have had guests for 30+ days solid, innkeeper goes to the room where there is spilled coffee or red wine all over the duvet/quilt/comforter. The phone never stops ringing and majority of the calls are not reservations but a waste of valuable time, the dust bunnies have saddled up and formed a posse...
What can you do to help/assist an innkeeper who has "Gone Doily"™? Nothing. Don't remind him/her "stuff happens", don't remind her tomorrow is another day. Don't remind her that he/she needs to take care of herself and get adequate sleep and proper nutrition. Just back away...slowly.
shades_smile.gif

LOL
We had a couple do that recently. Took their sweet time leaving. Left about an hour late and meanwhile, used the hall bathroom that belongs to another room.
I was fuming. Then they said their goodbyes and were as sweet and complimentary as you could imagine. They promised good reviews and to tell their friends. What can you do?

NOTE - I added the ™ because I don't want a better way to borrow it without permission. Since they adore using the doily in their marketing.
One day I will make a penny off all these things, a penny saved is a penny earned by golly!
cry_smile.gif

I'd like a few days running where I'm not on the edge of 'going doily™'.

Joey Bloggs said:
Going Doily/Gone Doily™ = adj. when an innkeeper has temporarily emotionally, physically and/or mentally gone off the deep end. Innkeeper may have gone/go wild, postal, but in a restrained, and yet upright manner.
example:
"Where is JB?" I wonder.
"She's gone doily!"™ comes the reply.
Why or how can an innkeeper "Go Doily"™?
Guests check out an hour late and have to be told to get out finally, there is a full house check in, have had guests for 30+ days solid, innkeeper goes to the room where there is spilled coffee or red wine all over the duvet/quilt/comforter. The phone never stops ringing and majority of the calls are not reservations but a waste of valuable time, the dust bunnies have saddled up and formed a posse...
What can you do to help/assist an innkeeper who has "Gone Doily"™? Nothing. Don't remind him/her "stuff happens", don't remind her tomorrow is another day. Don't remind her that he/she needs to take care of herself and get adequate sleep and proper nutrition. Just back away...slowly.
shades_smile.gif
Back away slowly as you hand over a cuppa to the Doilied Innkeeper

I am going to say the only thing that is appropriate - Poor Baby!!!!!

Back