"Where's the room?"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just got another one. In the door, sign the registration form, take the key and walk away. "Where's the room?" Didn't care about breakfast, how to make tea, where the menus are, nothing. "Where's the room?" That was it. I told him. First door on the right. He walked away.

Then he shouldn't be surprised if he misses breakfast or can't figure out how anything works etc.
Maybe he's a Mafia hitman and he just needs your room as a vantage point to make his kill...or maybe I watch too many movies.
tounge_smile.gif

tired from travelling?
wants to just relax?
needs to use the 'facilities'?

Alot of the most grumpiest people have pleasantly surprised us in the morning. I didn't think it was that same, unsmiling, tired, no-eye contact person in the morning.
Yes, ProudTexan you're wathcing too many movies. lol

tired from travelling?
wants to just relax?
needs to use the 'facilities'?.
seashanty said:
tired from travelling?
wants to just relax?
needs to use the 'facilities'?
The phone call started it. He wanted a room for tonight. I said we had a room open and he said, 'Hold it, we'll be there in an hour.' Hold your horses, Nellie, I am not holding rooms on a Friday night for a 'may show'. So I said I needed his info. He said then he has been here before. Good, I have all the info. No cc on file, must have been a walk-in last time or I would at least show he HAD a cc, not the cc number. I ask for the card. Grumbling as he digs it out. Then he starts rattling off numbers. I have to stop him again to ask what kind of card is that as I don't recognize the number sequence. Discover. Nope, sorry, need something else. More grumbling as he yells at his wife to help him. (I think he is driving the car at the same time.)
Anyhoo...even tho HE didn't want to wait, I thought SHE would as they both aren't going pee at the same time. Nope. Off she goes as well. They were back out the door in 5 minutes. Hubs asked if I showed them how to use the keypad? Nope. They didn't give me a chance. He's now hoping that they have to ring the bell to get back in so he can ask if they didn't understand how to use the keypad why didn't they let me explain it.

Alot of the most grumpiest people have pleasantly surprised us in the morning. I didn't think it was that same, unsmiling, tired, no-eye contact person in the morning.
Yes, ProudTexan you're wathcing too many movies. lol.
Bree stated " Hubs asked if I showed them how to use the keypad? Nope. They didn't give me a chance. "
No, these are the type that think you have a 24 hour doorman.

well, i hope they don't come back and want to get in after you've gone to bed!
so ... did they stay with you before? or with the po's before? what do you think?

well, i hope they don't come back and want to get in after you've gone to bed!
so ... did they stay with you before? or with the po's before? what do you think?.
I recognized her. Tried to chat with her but her husband was running the show. I don't remember anything else about them. I'll take notes this time just in case they EVER return!

Yes, ProudTexan you're wathcing too many movies. lol.
Bree stated " Hubs asked if I showed them how to use the keypad? Nope. They didn't give me a chance. "
No, these are the type that think you have a 24 hour doorman.
I'm pretty sure they don't think that. But they do know there's a doorbell and THAT'S all they think they need to know.

BTW, no happier at breakfast. Barely acknowledged the other guests greeting him. They had all watched the ballgame together the night before and he didn't even join in the talk about the game. Why he comes here, I don't know. He left his wife sitting at the table once he was done.

BTW, no happier at breakfast. Barely acknowledged the other guests greeting him. They had all watched the ballgame together the night before and he didn't even join in the talk about the game. Why he comes here, I don't know. He left his wife sitting at the table once he was done..
well, if he leaves her sitting ... they may be having troubles or he might be having his own personal troubles to deal with.
or that's just the way he is ......

BTW, no happier at breakfast. Barely acknowledged the other guests greeting him. They had all watched the ballgame together the night before and he didn't even join in the talk about the game. Why he comes here, I don't know. He left his wife sitting at the table once he was done..
well, if he leaves her sitting ... they may be having troubles or he might be having his own personal troubles to deal with.
seashanty said:
It's his way. It all seemed vaguely familiar to me. Hubs said he talks to him really early in the morning. Bit not a peep once other guests showed up.

As a nurse I worked psychiatry for a number of years andI would suggest that that man and his wife need to seek out some counselling--life is too short to apparently be that miserable.

As a nurse I worked psychiatry for a number of years andI would suggest that that man and his wife need to seek out some counselling--life is too short to apparently be that miserable..
riverbendnewbie said:
As a nurse I worked psychiatry for a number of years andI would suggest that that man and his wife need to seek out some counselling--life is too short to apparently be that miserable.
If that were the case just about every person on this continent needs psychiatric help.

Two things come to mind - oops my list went to 7.
#1 he is shy. Dh brings out some conversation man to man.
#2 he is not comfortable at a B&B, or there is something else there he is not comfortable with.
#3 he is in pain. Many people suffer pain - for many diff issues.
#4 he is just a crab-cake in his demeaner, period. Plenty of people like that.
#5 affair. do not want to bring attention to themselves.
#6 famous person, do not want to bring attention to themselves.
#7 he-man woman-haters club charter member

#2 he is not comfortable at a B&B, or there is something else there he is not comfortable with.
#7 he-man woman-haters club charter member.
I'm voting for 2, 4 & 7. He's mouthy enough on the phone and in person when dealing with me. Not shy. And he barely says 2 words to his wife over breakfast or even when they were all sitting in the living room together with other couples.
Wish I could have overheard the conversation between him and hubs. Was it friendly and casual or just necessary because there was another male person in the room he couldn't ignore?

#7 he-man woman-haters club charter member.
I'm voting for 2, 4 & 7. He's mouthy enough on the phone and in person when dealing with me. Not shy. And he barely says 2 words to his wife over breakfast or even when they were all sitting in the living room together with other couples.
Wish I could have overheard the conversation between him and hubs. Was it friendly and casual or just necessary because there was another male person in the room he couldn't ignore?
Bree said:
We had a couple here one time and I am sure he beat her. It was terrible, he treated her like dirt. He was one of the good ol' boys around the men. He refused to speak to me, and in fact she showed up at the table with a big bruise on her arm.
She spoke to me and was quite nice, but when he was around she said nothing. I was sickened by this.

Ha, ha, his 'sister' just showed up. Walks in the door, 'Where's the room?' Hubs gets this one and says he would just like to show them how to operate the keypad so they can get back in. 'Hmph,' was what he got. And then, 'Ok, we see that, where's the room?'
I said she may have needed the bathroom. Nope, she followed him back downstairs and went back to the car. She's now in the living room interrogating the other guests and 'topping' everything they say and returning the conversation to herself at every turn.

Ha, ha, his 'sister' just showed up. Walks in the door, 'Where's the room?' Hubs gets this one and says he would just like to show them how to operate the keypad so they can get back in. 'Hmph,' was what he got. And then, 'Ok, we see that, where's the room?'
I said she may have needed the bathroom. Nope, she followed him back downstairs and went back to the car. She's now in the living room interrogating the other guests and 'topping' everything they say and returning the conversation to herself at every turn..
Bree said:
I said she may have needed the bathroom. Nope, she followed him back downstairs and went back to the car. She's now in the living room interrogating the other guests and 'topping' everything they say and returning the conversation to herself at every turn.
Soooo it is a family BAD HABIT. Abruptness.

Back