Which do you prefer?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Petaining to the B&B, in the guest rooms, in the foyer, wherever you have area rugs or carpet.
1) A rug/carpet that shows dirt, ie debris, cat hair, leaves, lady bugs every little thing or,
2) a rug/carpet that hides those same things?
Think about this before you answer. The answer may not be as obvious as you might at first think.
lrg_rug.jpg

Right in the entryway? Hide it. In the guest room? I need to find it to clean it up. (Bare feet.) On the stairs? Hide it! Coffee stains are awful.

Do you clean rooms in bare feet? I ask this as a serious question. The other day I kicked off my sandles and found something with my toes. It was a piece of food stuffs, but none the less disgusting. I was glad I did find it to spot clean it before the room was occupied again the same day.

Do you clean rooms in bare feet? I ask this as a serious question. The other day I kicked off my sandles and found something with my toes. It was a piece of food stuffs, but none the less disgusting. I was glad I did find it to spot clean it before the room was occupied again the same day..
If it's just me, yes I do. I vacuum without my shoes for just that reason...to find stuff that the vacuum misses because it is STUCK to the carpet.

Do you clean rooms in bare feet? I ask this as a serious question. The other day I kicked off my sandles and found something with my toes. It was a piece of food stuffs, but none the less disgusting. I was glad I did find it to spot clean it before the room was occupied again the same day..
If it's just me, yes I do. I vacuum without my shoes for just that reason...to find stuff that the vacuum misses because it is STUCK to the carpet.
Alibi Ike said:
I was vacuuming the rug near the dining table this morning and along the fringe (I HATE FRINGES not many left around here) I discover what appears to be baby cereal embedded in the fringe, I have no idea what it was but had to use my fingers to pull it all free and then vacuum it up. I only found it as I was barefoot. ick.
Three days ago found a water spill on a carpet in a room. I saw the water bottle and the water was on the floor, apparently. Not sure how someone can spill it, but they did. It wasn't visible.

Also, little rugs in the bathrooms need to show everything for me, in case I need to change them out for the same guest. Otherwise, they got changed between guests.
Wall-to-wall plush or pile carpet shows every footprint. ugh.
We have the Oriental rugs everywhere. Goes with the style of the houses and they are great for the rooms. Sometimes it's easy to miss a water spot on them though.

Back