Whipped cream canister?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Do you have a whipped cream canister? Where did you get it? I'm tired of the store bought stuff never coming out of the can the right way.

A great woman once said, "If canned whipped cream is wrong, I don't want to be right."

A great woman once said, "If canned whipped cream is wrong, I don't want to be right.".
Yeah, but she's not running a B&B. She has a multi-million dollar blog and TV show. For those of us in the trenches...I need a whipped cream canister. Preferably before tomorrow morning.

well, for now, why not do what i do and did at the inn?
just refrigerate your mixing bowl and beaters, pour in the whipping cream and whip it ... watch so it doesn't turn to butter. add a bit of confectioners sugar to taste (make sure there are no lumps) cover bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate and use as needed. it's lovely.

just refrigerate your mixing bowl and beaters, pour in the whipping cream and whip it ... watch so it doesn't turn to butter. add a bit of confectioners sugar to taste (make sure there are no lumps) cover bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate and use as needed. it's lovely..
I do make my own but I can never get it to look right on top of dishes without the nozzle.

just refrigerate your mixing bowl and beaters, pour in the whipping cream and whip it ... watch so it doesn't turn to butter. add a bit of confectioners sugar to taste (make sure there are no lumps) cover bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate and use as needed. it's lovely..
I do make my own but I can never get it to look right on top of dishes without the nozzle.
Well at those prices...I think I would just dollop it on the top and be done with it :) You will also have to buy the cartridges to keep it going. This site had them cheaper though.

I love my canister. I even put pudding in it and pipe with pudding too. I found mine at a yard sale for $2.00. I also see them in special cooking shops. The price was around $30.00 to 45.00. You will never regret getting one. I am looking for another one so I could have one in chocolate whipped cream and one in Vanilla whipped cream sitting in the fridge..

OK, so now have a laugh at me...am I understanding that I pour in the whipping cream and this thing whips it as it comes out? Sorry, you all know I have no cooking skills. (Wish I could find the chef smiley, I know Swirt gave directions for where they are stored on here.)

oh come on! just a whomping great dollop of your own whipped cream will look awesome. you don't have to use whipped cream that looks like soft serve ice cream. this is a fine topic ... i know that there are die hard fans on here.
maybe you will find a present under the christmas tree! hint now so santa knows .....

OK, so now have a laugh at me...am I understanding that I pour in the whipping cream and this thing whips it as it comes out? Sorry, you all know I have no cooking skills. (Wish I could find the chef smiley, I know Swirt gave directions for where they are stored on here.).
Yep, pour it in. Probably shake it a bit and with the little gas canister attached...out comes the whipped cream
teeth_smile.gif

OK, so now have a laugh at me...am I understanding that I pour in the whipping cream and this thing whips it as it comes out? Sorry, you all know I have no cooking skills. (Wish I could find the chef smiley, I know Swirt gave directions for where they are stored on here.).
Madeleine said:
Wish I could find the chef smiley, I know Swirt gave directions for where they are stored on here.
:chef:
You have to type the text of the emoticon you want, and place it between two colons.
Type the following codes (without spaces between the colons and text) to create the emoticons:

: pita : - :pita:

: help : - :help:

: welcome : - :welcome:

: sick : OR : barf : - :sick:

: cheers : - :cheers:

: sarcasm : - :sarcasm:

: poke : - :poke:

: chef : - :chef:

: ghost : - :ghost:

: raz : - :raz:

: cool : OR 8 ) - :cool:

: cry : - :cry:

Madeleine said:
Wish I could find the chef smiley, I know Swirt gave directions for where they are stored on here.
You have to type the text of the emoticon you want, and place it between two colons.
Type the following codes (without spaces between the colons and text) to create the emoticons:

COOL ...thanks! :cool:

I do it the old fashioned way, whip it, put it in a bag, put a tip in, pipe it.

Just as empty nest said. It will also keep in the fridge for almost a week. That way you don't have to use every little bit in one day..Just give it a shake or two and the gas canister does all the work that a beater would do. When the gas canister is finished pop in another one. It is as easy as one two and three.

Madeleine said:

I always thought the "raz" was "yummy". Oops...
embaressed_smile.gif

We use an iSi whipped cream dispenser. Must chill cream and use confectioners sugar or else regular sugar granules may prevent valve shut off. Uses nitrous oxide chargers (white), can buy online in bulk as long as they don't think you are a teenager.
Cream keeps ... a week or two. Don't let guests near it: "what does this lever do? ... BLOOF!

we use whipped cream-we do it the old fashioned way-its even better in a tall container cause the container doesnt allow air in it...takes all of 3-5 minutes and then i just dalop it on the fruit-easy peasy-for me that is...

Isn't it funny I never used whipped cream for breakfasts here, ever. I think I have, once or twice.

Back