White funiture

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have white funiture. I have a chance to buy a white leather love seat and lounge chair. It is a great steel. But am concerned about people sitting in it. Some one told me that any one wearing jeans and sits in the chair will leave blue on the leather! This set will go into our guest suite living room. for their use only.. The suite caters to two people only.
The question is would this be a good idea or should I for go it? Please weigh in and let me know if any one has had experance with white in a seating room .This set is the size of a love seat.

We have a white love seat in one of our bedrooms. It is material, not leather, and is scotch guarded. I have been very happy with it for over four years. You can see it behind the photo of the sparkling wine on this page
http://www.innarcadyvineyard.com/ArcadyAccommodations.htm
One guest got some chocolate on it but it came right out. Is there anything that leather can have put on it to protect it if you are concerned?
Riki

We have a white love seat in one of our bedrooms. It is material, not leather, and is scotch guarded. I have been very happy with it for over four years. You can see it behind the photo of the sparkling wine on this page
One guest got some chocolate on it but it came right out. Is there anything that leather can have put on it to protect it if you are concerned?
Riki.
Thank you Riki for answering . All you can do that I am aware of is just wipe up spills .Every year or so you can condition it with leather cream . If red wine ever spilled, I am not sure it would just wipe off????I don't know??

Riki.
Thank you Riki for answering . All you can do that I am aware of is just wipe up spills .Every year or so you can condition it with leather cream . If red wine ever spilled, I am not sure it would just wipe off????I don't know??
We were shopping for a leather recliner the other day at LazyBoy. They say they have some sort of Guardsman protection package they put on their leather furniture which they guarantee. They told us never use the leather conditioner stuff. Don't know how true that really is. We are getting a merlot color leather recliner. I have always hated leather, but this one is so buttery soft and comfortable I had to say yes after trying out every other one in the store. We got a great deal locally from a Mennonite store. Saved over $400 from the L Z Boy price!

Riki.
Flower said:
I would guess that red wine would stain if the leather was not treated with something but I am not sure!
Riki

i heard that blue jeans will stain a white leather sofa. not out of carelessness or anyone doing anything wrong, just sitting. this is second hand info, but you know how common all kinds of blue jeans are ... i would probably steer clear unless you can use it in your own quarters.

Riki.
We were shopping for a leather recliner the other day at LazyBoy. They say they have some sort of Guardsman protection package they put on their leather furniture which they guarantee. They told us never use the leather conditioner stuff. Don't know how true that really is. We are getting a merlot color leather recliner. I have always hated leather, but this one is so buttery soft and comfortable I had to say yes after trying out every other one in the store. We got a great deal locally from a Mennonite store. Saved over $400 from the L Z Boy price!
Thank you all for weighing in. It sure helped me make my decision to not go there. The price was Great! but .. I imagine more trouble. Again thank you all for your help(((hugs )))

I know an innkeeper with white furniture in her parlor... and a sign that reads, "Please, no food, drink, or newsprint in the parlor."
That's not my style...
=)
Kk.

Back