White Stone Website and Jumping Rocks Photography

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it might be impressive..but I sure don't like the time it takes to load and the big photos in the background...with a bunch of space between the upper navigation and the text on pages. I only looked at a couple of pages so that is what this is based on.

I agree, I think it is the photos that impressed me most, as always Jumping Rocks is fantastic!

It all loaded instantly for me, and scrolling was smooth and easy. I have a cable modem. Have no idea what my "speed" is, though.
Beautiful website. I had admired their old website a couple of months ago but this one is even nicer. Wonderful how the background photo grows and shrinks as you enlarge and reduce the web browser window, so it always shows the same view.
I WANT! Wish I could afford!

I agree, I think it is the photos that impressed me most, as always Jumping Rocks is fantastic!.
The photos are fantastic why hide them in the background where most of it is covered up?
I just don't understand what purpose those things serve behind the text etc. I don't like the having to scroll down to the text section.

I'll agree that I kept trying to make the text go away so I could see the whole photo! They're so sharp and well-focused.
I think it's attention-grabbing and effective. I read a while back that using huge photos as the background for websites would be the "coming thing" so we'd better get used to it!

I agree, I think it is the photos that impressed me most, as always Jumping Rocks is fantastic!.
The photos are fantastic why hide them in the background where most of it is covered up?
I just don't understand what purpose those things serve behind the text etc. I don't like the having to scroll down to the text section.
catlady said:
It was a quick load for me, too, but I agree with the scrolling. You know how small my slideshow is and that there is still 1/3 of the page showing under it and guests still won't scroll. Nice that this one sizes to the screen dimensions, but guests still won't scroll and they'll be annoyed that the text block blocks the gorgeous photos.
That said, I'm sure everyone will be doing this next week and eventually we'll follow suit!

I fell in love with this instantly as I am always wondering what the entire photo is when some one uses a photo as their background. - I want to know what I am missing, this provides this & then the scrolling can cover it up once I have placed myself in those photos!
I did not take into account the time it would take to load. It came up instantly for me as I have cable WiFi (15mg) but we do need to keep that in mind.
People don't scroll? With all the websites out there that require scrolling? Uggg! But I am sure you are right. If we take into account all that people will or will not do, we might as well go back to just being in the phone book!
cry_smile.gif

I think the photos are spectactular, but absolutely hate the scrolling screen. I'm not used to reading the screen like this, and can't concentrate, so I think it throws my eyes for a loop. And having to navigate to the navigation bar..arg...
On the upside, the photos are fantastic-and this looks like it could be an easy fix if they get similar feedback from others. Perhaps they can just keep it for their mobile sites alone.

I think the photos are spectactular, but absolutely hate the scrolling screen. I'm not used to reading the screen like this, and can't concentrate, so I think it throws my eyes for a loop. And having to navigate to the navigation bar..arg...
On the upside, the photos are fantastic-and this looks like it could be an easy fix if they get similar feedback from others. Perhaps they can just keep it for their mobile sites alone..
CafeMae said:
I think the photos are spectactular, but absolutely hate the scrolling screen.
Me, too, CafeMae. I think this is a bandwagon I will not be 'jumping' on.

When I get our website professionally done, I would really like the backdrop to be a photo of our vineyard with the ripe grapes. That's always been something I wanted to do!
Riki

When I get our website professionally done, I would really like the backdrop to be a photo of our vineyard with the ripe grapes. That's always been something I wanted to do!
Riki.
You could do that easily Riki! You ought to consider going to WORDPRESS. That is what White st. used

Riki.
You could do that easily Riki! You ought to consider going to WORDPRESS. That is what White st. used
catlady said:
I may be able to quit my day job in the next couple of months when we get the wing done. Then I'll be able to take some classes and maybe do it on my own. I always wanted the vineyard or our grapes in the background but figured I had to do it in pieces to do it or something like that. But I just have not had the time or extra energy to work on the website at night after work.
RIki

Back