Who are you staying with?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no bio or photo on my site. Maybe it's my way of holding onto my last shred of privacy in a very public world. Guests learn about me and my dh when they arrive or when they read reviews. I never look to see if there's an innkeeper bio and photo on the B&B's I visit. It doesn't make any difference to me. If the website looks great and has everything I'm looking for and great reviews, that's enough for me..
I agree - no personal pics of us are necessary - the rest of the site / reviews / etc say enuf about our place.

When I'm looking at websites, the "about us" (or whatever) page is the first one I look at, even before rooms. I, too am put off by sites that do not mention innkeepers names or anything about them. My first impression is that it is run by employees and I will skip on to the next one. As has been said before, i stay in small places, and I want to know who's house I'm staying in.

We just had a new photo taken. If it looks good, it'll go up, otherwise I'll keep the one that makes me look thin and young!

we don't have any pictures of us as I am on my own quite a bit and worry about pervert, circus freak people (we had one at the door yesterday asking to use the phone because someone was in the phone box on the corner (do I look like a phone box)) Also in this country there is a stigma against family run places I have never understood why as if you own the place youself you care about it more if you are just an employee there can be little incentive to worry about guest relations. (I know some of the innkeepers on here are employees and this is not a dig against you as I know you are all dedicated and committed to your work ie birdwatcher)

we don't have any pictures of us as I am on my own quite a bit and worry about pervert, circus freak people (we had one at the door yesterday asking to use the phone because someone was in the phone box on the corner (do I look like a phone box)) Also in this country there is a stigma against family run places I have never understood why as if you own the place youself you care about it more if you are just an employee there can be little incentive to worry about guest relations. (I know some of the innkeepers on here are employees and this is not a dig against you as I know you are all dedicated and committed to your work ie birdwatcher).
I think the 'family-owned' stigma comes from too many 'family-style' places (all over the world) where you are really in someone's living room and eating breakfast with the kids, etc. People think it's not a real business if you don't have 'staff' and it's 'in your house' no matter how big your house is and how much space the guests get to themselves.
Part of that is getting the word out on the websites that the guests have their own space. That we won't be hovering around all the time wanting to chat them up.

Back