Who do you think you are?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
'' We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? ''

-- Nelson Mandela
i saw this quote and had to share it.

I ask myself, "Who am I to live in such a beautiful house, in such a wonderful town, and stay home with my kids?"
As for the other... brilliant, sure. Dowdy, definitely. A mediocre talent which I make up for with enthusiasm, Fabulous... well, that's my cooking (which is why I'm so dowdy!)
=)
Kk.

Dowdy? As in apple pan dowdy? a deep dish apple dessert covered with a rich crust. yumm
wink_smile.gif

I am someone who actually was where she was supposed to be on 90% of the music at rehearsal tonight and probably played about 80% of the notes correctly!! I was GOOD!!! (sort of) tonight. now if I can do that well on Tuesday for Community Band.

Dowdy? As in apple pan dowdy? a deep dish apple dessert covered with a rich crust. yumm
wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
Dowdy as in frowsy, dumpy, frumpy, plump. Svelte, I ain't. (Good cook.... I am!)
=)
Kk.

Who do I think I am? To quote House, "I am a little ray of sunshine on a cloudy day."
I really like the idea of striving to be everything you're always told you're not. Given I have JUST realized I am not special, it's nice to think that maybe I am and the ravages of time were wrong.

Who do I think I am? To quote House, "I am a little ray of sunshine on a cloudy day."
I really like the idea of striving to be everything you're always told you're not. Given I have JUST realized I am not special, it's nice to think that maybe I am and the ravages of time were wrong..
Bree said:
I really like the idea of striving to be everything you're always told you're not. Given I have JUST realized I am not special, it's nice to think that maybe I am and the ravages of time were wrong.
But you ARE special!!! Why would you think you're not?
And even though I'm calling myself frowzy.... I'm aging well and not much ravaged!
=)
Kk.

wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
Dowdy as in frowsy, dumpy, frumpy, plump. Svelte, I ain't. (Good cook.... I am!)
=)
Kk.
You just decribed me... Only I use Oprah's term....
Shlumpadinka!

You guys are so funny!
You are all wonderful. I am honored to know of you and I hope that I get to meet at least a few of you in person some day soon!
I am not a wimp, crybaby, or hard-nosed. I am a softie, especially when it comes to my family, and a nurturer. I love to give and would rather not recieve. i love to help out for the sake of helping out. I love to love even though I know it can hurt. I love to laugh until my face hurts.
You might not be able to eat off my floors, but if you were to come over to visit, I would serve something homemade.

You guys are so funny!
You are all wonderful. I am honored to know of you and I hope that I get to meet at least a few of you in person some day soon!
I am not a wimp, crybaby, or hard-nosed. I am a softie, especially when it comes to my family, and a nurturer. I love to give and would rather not recieve. i love to help out for the sake of helping out. I love to love even though I know it can hurt. I love to laugh until my face hurts.
You might not be able to eat off my floors, but if you were to come over to visit, I would serve something homemade..
In my before innkeeper days (and still in my OQ) my attitude was if you came to see my house - look at the mess and leave. If you came to see me - move the crap over and sit down!

You guys are so funny!
You might not be able to eat off my floors, but if you were to come over to visit, I would serve something homemade..
In my before innkeeper days (and still in my OQ) my attitude was if you came to see my house - look at the mess and leave. If you came to see me - move the crap over and sit down!
gillumhouse said:
If you came to see me - move the crap over and sit down!
Amen!

wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
=)
Kk.
KK, I just looked up "frowzy" and here is what they said:
[tr]Adj.[/td]1.[/td][td]frowsy - negligent of neatness especially in dress and person; habitually dirty and unkempt; "filled the door with her frowzy bulk"; "frowzy white hair"; "slovenly appearance"[/td][/tr][/table]
I don't believe you ;)

Back