Who does this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
VENT CATEGORY
It is hard for me to not type in all CAPS!
We had a puddle of water in our downstairs and see it dripping from the ceiling (all night apparently). Did someone share a bath in our standard bathtub or what?
They leave for the day I race up there, and sure enough the NOT VERY INTELLIGENT GUESTS WHO HAPPEN TO WORK IN DC, YEAH YOU GOT THAT FRIGGIN RIGHT - HAVE A WHOLE BAG OF ICE ON THE FLOOR IN THE BATHROOM. No not in the ice bucket which I gave them, not not in the sink where the melting ice could go down the drain and NO NOT IN THE TUB against which it is leaning. And they left for the day. Days like this I want to toss their stuff outside and lock the door! I am ticked off. I bet you couldn't tell...
Age you ask? Wanna guess? Same flippin' age as the other "beach music" couple here who used a wicker wastebasket for an ice bucket and destroyed our wood floor in one room. Mid 60's.
Say what you will about the 20's and 30's, mid 60's was also the couple who busted the vintage lamp and thought they needn't pay for it.
DRUNKS< BOOZERS STAY OUT OF THIS INN! OKAY? GOT IT?

I hope you will inform them of what they did and how it has damaged your property. People need to pay! This is downright distructive. Did they not think the ice would melt?? DUH!

I left the towel there with a note.
The reason I didn't ask this morning, well did they share a bath, is this something I can ask? Of course not. I AM SO READY TO SELL THIS INN, SOMEONE MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE! All this fun can be yours...
If this were my family home, as some of you have done, I would be tossin' the tossers out by their ears left and right.
Gee why are innkeepers so harsh. this is why.

I can't even begin to grasp that kind of stupidity. Especially if it was there all night and they saw it this morning. Yes, I can see tossing their bags, with the remaining ice on top, out the door.

I can't even begin to grasp that kind of stupidity. Especially if it was there all night and they saw it this morning. Yes, I can see tossing their bags, with the remaining ice on top, out the door..
Madeleine said:
I can't even begin to grasp that kind of stupidity. Especially if it was there all night and they saw it this morning. Yes, I can see tossing their bags, with the remaining ice on top, out the door.
Picturing guests faces retuning to their bags (soaking wet) on the front porch, empty ice bag on top.
whattha.gif
Note saying: due to water damaged bathroom, you will need to seek lodging elsewhere. They would be lucky if that was ALL they were out!

Grrrrrrrrrr....
But it just as easily could have been people who are addicted to their Coca Cola or other sugar & caffeine laden soda and have to have ice with it.
Sorry this happened to you!
pita.gif

Oh yes, I can see such stupidity. I am so sorry you had to experience it. Watch the news these days and you can see it every night - the stupidity.

No, it is the maroons who drink, full stop. Every time (I shared in my example on the orig thread). It is not someone having a soda, we will give you a glass of ice no worries at all. Bring an igloo people! Bring your thinking cap too.

I can't even begin to grasp that kind of stupidity. Especially if it was there all night and they saw it this morning. Yes, I can see tossing their bags, with the remaining ice on top, out the door..
Madeleine said:
Picturing guests faces retuning to their bags (soaking wet) on the front porch, empty ice bag on top.
whattha.gif
Note saying: due to water damaged bathroom, you will need to seek lodging elsewhere. They would be lucky if that was ALL they were out!
copperhead said:
Madeleine said:
whattha.gif
I like the note. Explains everything.

update he said he was sorry and is willing to reimburse any damages. so at least he felt like an idiot. good.

we're losing our common sense......
I have noticed this progress over the last 40 years
What bothers me mostly in the last 15 years or so. The "Who cares" attitude...and "Not my fault"

we're losing our common sense......
I have noticed this progress over the last 40 years
What bothers me mostly in the last 15 years or so. The "Who cares" attitude...and "Not my fault".
add to that "its not my problem" plus add in in this country the determination to drink yourself into virtual unconsciousess in order to have a "good time"

Who leaves some of their party in the room when they go out expecting the other people can stay as long as like?

Back