who else has heard of this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
this probably is not in the correct category but i wasn't quite sure what it fell under. Anyway...
received an envelope today (hand addressed) with a return name & address in St.John New Brunswick (Canada). Inside is some info for a company called Calling Inn. I have never heard of them, maybe some of you have & maybe also it has already been touched on in the forum. For those of you who have not heard of it, it is a reservation answering/booking service. Apparently, it is legit. I checked for a website, they have one. It has the same man's name as what is in the return addy on the envelope. Their site also states they are members of PAII along with a couple of other associations. My point is, i thought it kind of odd(?) that the envelope was hand addressed & the postmark is not at all in Canada. The postmark is from a few towns away. I guess i woudl just think that if they are professional,members of PAII & such that they would have professionally printed envelopes. Did anyone else receive this info?

I have received that - more than once, I think - and it did come in a hand-addressed envelope. I don't remember the postmark for sure although I think mine was Canada. I don't get a lot of mail from Canada. They are legit but I don't know any one personally who uses them - they may have even been at either the Mid-Atlantic or Select Registry conference.

i am guessing that they employ people who work from home ... and possibly area people are doing direct mail marketing to get clients?

i am guessing that they employ people who work from home ... and possibly area people are doing direct mail marketing to get clients?.
seashanty said:
i am guessing that they employ people who work from home ... and possibly area people are doing direct mail marketing to get clients?
That was what I was thinking as well.

It IS a Canadian company that handles phone calls for B&B's. I've talked to them a couple of times.

Yes I get that one too. I have an answering machine and most of all ONLINE BOOKINGS. That may be a good service for a hotel, not for us here.

I have not received it but one very logical reason for a Candian company mailing to US addresses from a US Post Office is the difference in postage rates. It is much cheaper to mail something In-Country.

They are legit. But I have never known anyone who has utilized this service.

I know an innkeeper who has utilized this company and was very pleased with them. The innkeeper took an 8 week vacation out of the country and Calling Inn took her reservation book, answered the inn's phone, took both phone reservations and did all the Webervations. In fact, I forgot that she was still on vacation and I called her. I was surprised when a voice I did not recognize answered the phone...they were very professional and I would never have known that they were not just an assistant at the B&B. I have no idea what they charge.

possibly true, that hadn't crossed my mind,.
If they mail their mailings within the US it is cheapre then mailing for canada, which is another country, some even consider Canada "Overseas"...haha, many companies in the US even consider Alaska overseas and it's own country...

possibly true, that hadn't crossed my mind,.
If they mail their mailings within the US it is cheapre then mailing for canada, which is another country, some even consider Canada "Overseas"...haha, many companies in the US even consider Alaska overseas and it's own country...
Mooseberry Inn said:
haha, many companies in the US even consider Alaska overseas and it's own country...
Of course it is... :wink:
=)
Kk.

Back