Who would you choose, if you could, for your next "famous" guest?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Sure you can pick political, musical, dramatic, a writer, a scientist, a cook. a celebrity...anyone who is ALIVE still that you admire or really like (I say this as never say never)...
Let me put it this way - you have a chance to send a special personal invite to this person to stay with you, who would it be?

The First Family...we're historical so there's always a shot, would love to show Sasha & Malia around! They can even bring Bo if they want...

The First Family...we're historical so there's always a shot, would love to show Sasha & Malia around! They can even bring Bo if they want....
Ok, I am glad you said it first because I was going to:)
Ms. Catlady, totally off-topic here but I was reading your profile and I need to ask someone who will know...why is it THE Ohio State University? I always hear grads refer to it this way, and didn't know why! Can you help?

We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me! We did just what any former Jersey Girls do, famous or not. We talked about NJ.
But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is.

The First Family...we're historical so there's always a shot, would love to show Sasha & Malia around! They can even bring Bo if they want....
Ms. Catlady, totally off-topic here but I was reading your profile and I need to ask someone who will know...why is it THE Ohio State University? I always hear grads refer to it this way, and didn't know why! Can you help?
Because we are the BEST! :)
Actually there is also an Ohio University and I think many years ago there was a rivalry there and people were confusing the two of them.
From the day a student sets foot on campus they are indoctrinated about always saying THE Ohio State University.
However I note that on our web site it is just referred to as Ohio State most of the time. The THE is used in the logo and in any publicity etc in regards to the University.
That's all I was ever told.

We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me! We did just what any former Jersey Girls do, famous or not. We talked about NJ.
But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is..
adobenido said:
We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me!
I love that show and that actress, plus the actor who plays Marshall.
I would love to host a Jersey boy - Bruce Springsteen. And Nancy Reagan used to come to our town for lunch, so I think Michelle could make a shopping excursion here now.

But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is..
adobenido said:
But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is.
Sure you do! You must have a heart throb like Sam Elliot (with moustache) or writer you enjoy like John Grisham? Someone who you would find very interesting to have on your list. What about a comedian like Steve Martin? Falling down your entry stairs?

adobenido said:
Sure you do! You must have a heart throb like Sam Elliot (with moustache) or writer you enjoy like John Grisham? Someone who you would find very interesting to have on your list. What about a comedian like Steve Martin? Falling down your entry stairs?
My friend and fellow-innkeeper DID have Sam Elliott stay at their place...100% dreamy is how she described him!

adobenido said:
We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me!
I would love to host a Jersey boy - Bruce Springsteen. And Nancy Reagan used to come to our town for lunch, so I think Michelle could make a shopping excursion here now.
muirford said:
adobenido said:
I vote YOU most likely to meet her of this group here.

Because we are the BEST! :)
Actually there is also an Ohio University and I think many years ago there was a rivalry there and people were confusing the two of them.
From the day a student sets foot on campus they are indoctrinated about always saying THE Ohio State University.
However I note that on our web site it is just referred to as Ohio State most of the time. The THE is used in the logo and in any publicity etc in regards to the University.
That's all I was ever told.
Nice! Thanks for explaining. I visited OSU campus once for a conference and the people in Columbus were about the friendliest I've met anywhere. Ate at the Columbus Fish Market for dinner...can STILL taste the garlic mashed potatoes!
Man, can you tell it's getting close to dinner time???

adobenido said:
My friend and fellow-innkeeper DID have Sam Elliott stay at their place...100% dreamy is how she described him!
My mother will watch a movie with Sam Elliot in it only to hear him speak. She drools over him

adobenido said:
My mother will watch a movie with Sam Elliot in it only to hear him speak. She drools over him
penelope said:
So there ya go, and as a guest he would say in a cowboy sorta way "Thank ya ma'am" when you served his breakfast.

adobenido said:
penelope said:
So there ya go, and as a guest he would say in a cowboy sorta way "Thank ya ma'am" when you served his breakfast.
Great, now I'M drooling over the image!!! Thanks a lot ;)

Bob Hope stayed here years ago...PO's showed us pics. He brought his own can of fruit cocktail for brekky! Delores made him eat the hot breakfast the innkeepers had prepared.

adobenido said:
I hate to burst your bubble, but he's a dweeb!

adobenido said:
Heck! I"VE got a moustasche - or is that moo-sta-ché!
LOL
OK - Rush Limbo - so I could spike his food.
You asked!

adobenido said:
adobenido said:
Please tell me you mean the actor that plays Marshall is, not Bruce. I will be destroyed if it is the latter...

We actually have some playwrights staying with us now who are well-known in the theater world. All three of them have plays running in our theater festival in July.
Victor Lodato - here for 9 nights, perhaps our longest stay (all at one time). Nice guy and seems to be settling into the B&B lifestyle - he's chatting up all our guests.
Beau Willimon - very young guy, his play Farragut North is getting a lot of buzz off-Broadway and has been optioned for a film by George Clooney. His bio says he's from Missouri but he sounds Aussie to me. He just checked in today so I haven't got to grill him yet. He already made fun of how many pillows are on the bed.
Michael Weller - he is arriving very late tonight (and I won't be waiting up - he's being brought here by one of the production guys who knows his way around) so I haven't met him yet. There is the least amount of info about him on the web.

I don't really know. I guess if i didn't have to deal with the publicity and all of the who ha involved I'd opt for the Dalai Lama and the Obamas. But really? I like the regular people who have done interesting things with their lives.

Back