Who 'ya gonna call?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Had the local ghost busters, that being the "paranormal society" for this part of the state, in my 1860 "remains of a hotel" last night. Since there's no power on to the building they couldn't use their best equipment, but they did some battery powered detecting and want to return later after getting a neighboring building to let them borrow some power via heavy extension cord.
I'm sure they'll turn up spooks (they always do) and it'll give me another little story to tell guests about the old building, and it will give me one more blog topic!

Fun!
We've had a spirit medium in to do a reading and I will tell you that guests who are susceptible will demand to be moved after hearing the room is 'occupied'. Guests who enjoy this sort of thing love it.

I will wait til you are "nearly there" to compile all of these into one long marketing sentence. :) Or a country and western song, which ever sounds better.

Have fun with it!
Since all our guest rooms are on the 2nd floor, most do not realize (or pay attention) that there is a 3rd floor here. Many times we got 'I heard movement above me'.. few clearly spooked, others more questioning. So I added a line I use when showing guests to their room. If you hear noises above you, don't worry it is US not the resident ghost. I do get some spooked looks until they realize just what I said.
Arkie, there are some places (inns) that thrive by being known for having permanent residents. One that gets lots of attention is www.myrtlesplantation.com/index.html

A few years ago, my hubby and I were looking at a B&B for sale in NH that was haunted. I can honestly say that it was a turn-off for me...but to each his own :)

A few years ago, my hubby and I were looking at a B&B for sale in NH that was haunted. I can honestly say that it was a turn-off for me...but to each his own :).
Penelope said:
A few years ago, my hubby and I were looking at a B&B for sale in NH that was haunted. I can honestly say that it was a turn-off for me...but to each his own :)
Yes, it's not something I would actively advertise, but if somebody indicated interest in stuff like that, I'd have a story to tell.

When we had the position in the Inn in AR there was a paranormal team that came out for a weekend and did find spooks (wonder if its the same team?) and there were actually spooks cause we encountered things that could not have possibly happened like the ringing of the doorbell at all hours and no it could not have been some kid that rang and ran-it was actually a ghost, we called him Willie.
Also had some guests experience some "paranormal" things-they say the Inn we are in now is haunted-but I don't think so...but hey people love haunted things although I can't stand watching anything like the shows that are on now, i think those are set up. Good luck

When we had the position in the Inn in AR there was a paranormal team that came out for a weekend and did find spooks (wonder if its the same team?) and there were actually spooks cause we encountered things that could not have possibly happened like the ringing of the doorbell at all hours and no it could not have been some kid that rang and ran-it was actually a ghost, we called him Willie.
Also had some guests experience some "paranormal" things-they say the Inn we are in now is haunted-but I don't think so...but hey people love haunted things although I can't stand watching anything like the shows that are on now, i think those are set up. Good luck.
and a very polite ghost indeed, to ring the bell instead of just slipping in through a wall.
regular_smile.gif

Also had some guests experience some "paranormal" things-they say the Inn we are in now is haunted-but I don't think so...but hey people love haunted things although I can't stand watching anything like the shows that are on now, i think those are set up. Good luck.
and a very polite ghost indeed, to ring the bell instead of just slipping in through a wall.
regular_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
From a time back when they taught manners and courtesy ;)

regular_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
ghostsmiley.gif
wow.gif

regular_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
ghostsmiley.gif
wow.gif
Sorry but I think the ghost did this!

It got pretty annoying sometimes and we would stand in the foyerf and tell him ENOUGH already-it was quite entertaining....

regular_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
Ghosts these days, you can't live with them, you can't live without them.
Casper.jpg

Back