Whole house rentals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We would love to consider this option too, at least for the next year, but we live in our B&B and only have one kitchen. Are your living quarters set up so you would not have to interact with the guests?.
We have a separate apartment. We would not interact with guests.
Morticia said:
Looking down the road, is there a way to fix things with some locked doors so you could split the house up into 2 or 3 rentals with separate entry doors? The flexibility to do that could help a lot if you don't have luck with whole house rentals (because your house is huge).
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Looking down the road, is there a way to fix things with some locked doors so you could split the house up into 2 or 3 rentals with separate entry doors? The flexibility to do that could help a lot if you don't have luck with whole house rentals (because your house is huge).
later on, yes. right now I’m pursuing the guest who wants to not interact in any way with other guests. not sharing the grounds, the lawn chairs, nothing.
We’d tell them there is an attached apartment but they would not need to interact with those people (us). We have our own deck out back. We’d have to figure out how to get the mail, tho. The mailbox is on the front of the building. We might be able to install a box on the lawn instead.

our house is not really that big compared with what I saw on vrbo today. It’s actually quite a bit smaller even tho we have more bedrooms and bathrooms. The guests renting the inn would get about 2500 sq ft to themselves.
Can you take a PO Box instead of getting a mail delivery?

Basically that is what I am doing - because I feel guests will feel more comfortable - since I am only offering the Gillum Room until everything is open again. Whole house of 1 room.

Back