Who's reading your reviews?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
We recently received an email from a bank in the area that would like to do business with us. Why? Because 'we looked at your reviews and your advance bookings and you seem to be doing comparatively well,' and they are looking at branching out and investing in local inns & B&B's. Of course I have to wonder if that was a generic email they sent to everyone listed in the state innkeeping register.
Edited to add- I brought this up because of the question about how to write a review. Keep in mind a lot of different people are reading the reviews for a lot of different reasons.

Sort of like the phonecall I got from someone who wanted to make sure that I showed up on Google page 1 for Bed and Breakfast Indiana after I told him I was happy with my SEO and placement on B&B for my town... I told him that I wasn't interested in that because it would just make it easier for unsolicited vendors to find me and then call and pester me. He didn't get it.

Sort of like the phonecall I got from someone who wanted to make sure that I showed up on Google page 1 for Bed and Breakfast Indiana after I told him I was happy with my SEO and placement on B&B for my town... I told him that I wasn't interested in that because it would just make it easier for unsolicited vendors to find me and then call and pester me. He didn't get it..
Yeah, nothing like paying for top placement only to have more calls about buying more ads!

I had 2 calls yesterday from someone who said they wanted to give me some money. Since both sounded like the callers from the Y pages I said not interested, goodbye (I DO try to be polite), and hung up. NO one legit wants to give ME money!!

Sort of like the phonecall I got from someone who wanted to make sure that I showed up on Google page 1 for Bed and Breakfast Indiana after I told him I was happy with my SEO and placement on B&B for my town... I told him that I wasn't interested in that because it would just make it easier for unsolicited vendors to find me and then call and pester me. He didn't get it..
Innkeep said:
Sort of like the phonecall I got from someone who wanted to make sure that I showed up on Google page 1 for Bed and Breakfast Indiana after I told him I was happy with my SEO and placement on B&B for my town... I told him that I wasn't interested in that because it would just make it easier for unsolicited vendors to find me and then call and pester me. He didn't get it.
Let me take a guess, that was from Netbiz. They call me at least once a month, if not more, offering to get me on the first page of Google. I keep on telling them that on the first page of Google it only says one thing "Google". They keep on trying. They love to use the term that they are "Google Qualified" but they seem to have completely removed that from their current website. I wonder if this has anything to do with complaints from people actually posted on Google's own support website or directly to Google personel.

Back