Who's the Bubba?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Takes my hand and holds it tight and looks into my face "We're from Canada! We're your guests from Canada" I am not sure how to take this, what does this mean? Is she insinuating that I have never met a person from Canada? Very strange. Had guests from overseas yesterday, I guess Canada in her mind, is a very exotic place to be from?
I will have to see if she does the same to the other guests, who must be only locals staying here too, right? :)

maybe your guest from canada has never been OUT of canada .... so this is a big deal to her/them
i myself have only been to canada once, as a child, we went to the other side of niagra falls. want to go back and SEE canada.

Seat them next to your guests from Texas, they will show them a good time!

No one here from Texas right now. :)
But they did have a good time, found out our retired coast guard guest worked with people they know.

I love it when that happens. Never ceases to amaze me either. Of all the gin joints in the world, people come to our little b&b and have a connection with another guest.

Sounds like some of my American guests.
"Hi, we've come all the say from the United States - we're from Montana. Do you know where that is??"
"Sure I do, used to drive across the border all the time when I lived in Calgary. Meet my guests who've come all the way from India!!!"

Another guest was leaving and also picked up on the "we're exotic Canadians" vibe. BTW My parents just boarded their bi-plane in Newfoundland to fly into a remote island there - from Deer Park...so we do actually get out of rinky dink. The guest said she signed our guest book and saw guests from all over the world in there and had to chuckle when that woman greeted everyone at breakfast like she was from outer space or something. Bless her heart.
Montana I can understand, the nearest neighbor is 800 miles away! ha ha

I love it when that happens. Never ceases to amaze me either. Of all the gin joints in the world, people come to our little b&b and have a connection with another guest..
The last week has been "Ohio Anniversary Week" here. Everyone is from Ohio, and celebrating an anniversary. Last night, all three couples were from Ohio, all anniversaries, and all lived within 10 miles of each other in and around Cinci,
Pure Michigan must be running in Ohio heavily right now, as I'm seeing tons of Ohio visitors to our website too.

I love it when that happens. Never ceases to amaze me either. Of all the gin joints in the world, people come to our little b&b and have a connection with another guest..
The last week has been "Ohio Anniversary Week" here. Everyone is from Ohio, and celebrating an anniversary. Last night, all three couples were from Ohio, all anniversaries, and all lived within 10 miles of each other in and around Cinci,
Pure Michigan must be running in Ohio heavily right now, as I'm seeing tons of Ohio visitors to our website too.
Little Blue said:
Ohio is the one state that never stays put. We have had so many Ohio guests I cannot even tell you - they say they all leave Ohio as there is not much to do there. (Their words, not mine). This year, we have seen a drastic drop in Ohio guests...so there are more headed your way than ours. Until this year I would say one of every 15-20 guests would be from Ohio, more so than most other states staying with us.

We're a doing kind of people.
And there's lots to do here, but once you've done it, then you start branching out into other states.
But the recession hit really, really hard here.
=/
Kk.

maybe your guest from canada has never been OUT of canada .... so this is a big deal to her/them
i myself have only been to canada once, as a child, we went to the other side of niagra falls. want to go back and SEE canada..
Well Seashanty should you ever decide to travel north of the 49th Parallel, you have a couple of nights free accommodations at our B&B. We are situated on the Southern Tip of Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) about 1.5 hours Northwest of Toronto,
Cheers Harry

i myself have only been to canada once, as a child, we went to the other side of niagra falls. want to go back and SEE canada..
Well Seashanty should you ever decide to travel north of the 49th Parallel, you have a couple of nights free accommodations at our B&B. We are situated on the Southern Tip of Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) about 1.5 hours Northwest of Toronto,
Cheers Harry
wow! well, thank you very much.

Cheers Harry
wow! well, thank you very much.
Hey seashanty, count our invitation in too. We're 90 minutes north of Vancouver, British Columbia. I'll wave to you during the Olympics this winter, as we share our chalet with the Czech Republic and become "The Czech House" for February.

i grew up in a border town that was 3 miles away from the Canadian border so most of the time i forget to even think of Canada as another country. we were able to travel back & forth freely up until the past couple of years, now we need passports.

Back