Who's using TA reviews? You may be surprised.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Having a conversation with our mortgage lender today led to her saying that part of their review of refi's involves reviewing TA comments from guests to see how the business is doing from a guest persepctive. Is it still a viable business? Are the owners keeping up the property or letting it fall apart? Are the owners keeping up or falling apart?
Food for thought if your refi is coming up anytime soon and you have a biz loan.

I don't hink it's fair, due to it would jut be hear/say
Just because you got great reviews does not guarantee you will make payments. What if you get hurt or sick?
Could this be like discrimmination?

wow! all the more reason why i think reviews are getting out of hand!
using ANONYMOUS reviews of your b&b as even a fraction of evaluating a business' credit worthiness is like a bank asking your co-workers and past employers to share personal evaluations as part of determining whether or not you get a personal loan.
confused_smile.gif
this can't be the way to go!

using ANONYMOUS reviews of your b&b as even a fraction of evaluating a business' credit worthiness is like a bank asking your co-workers and past employers to share personal evaluations as part of determining whether or not you get a personal loan.
confused_smile.gif
this can't be the way to go!.
seashanty said:
confused_smile.gif
this can't be the way to go!
It is akin, as well, to applying for a job and having your credit rating checked to see if you're a good risk for a job. So, your last company closed, you've been out of work, you missed a cc payment and all of a sudden you're a bad risk for employment because you don't pay your bills. The whole thing is stupid.

I just cannot believe this!!! We are putting way too much importance on TA...innkeepers are bad enough..but BANKS!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK.
I told my husband this and he said "hey, they want to know if it will be a good risk and what better way then seeing if there are satisfied guests." NOT MY FEELINGS at all.
Like swirt said " REALLY SCARY!"
cry_smile.gif

Back