Why Adult Children Should NOT Have Sidewalk Chalk

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My daughter entertained herself and her 2 daughters by the 3 of them (and her friend) creating sidewalk art. Unfortunately that washed away with the rain - HOWEVER what they did to the porch foundation remains.

This goes the entire front of the house

wow! i actually think it's pretty. are they still there? if so ... hand them a garden hose? power washer?
p.s. i love sidewalk drawings

They left Wednesday. The rain Wednesday night washed off the sidewalk art - it was rather pretty - but did not touch this. I have no plans to wash it off. I was not angry, just gulped a bit when I first saw it. It has already "grown" on me.

an casual,busy,eclectic, area restaurant has, for years, drawn daily simple designs on the sidewalk in front of their building (stars, squiggley's, the name of the place, etc.) (nothing bad, nothing that defames another business, etc.)
for whatever reason, out of the blue, last summer, a group of various business owners apparently took issue with it(mind you the restaurant has been dong it for YEARS!)and put up a stink saying that the restaurant is unfairly advertising their place, pressuring people to go to their business, unfairly taking business away from others, blah, blah, blah. it was in the local papers.so now the restaurant is no longer allowed to use sidewalk chalk in front of their place. is this absolutely silly or is it just me? sounds like somebody is put out cause maybe they didn't think of it first!?

an casual,busy,eclectic, area restaurant has, for years, drawn daily simple designs on the sidewalk in front of their building (stars, squiggley's, the name of the place, etc.) (nothing bad, nothing that defames another business, etc.)
for whatever reason, out of the blue, last summer, a group of various business owners apparently took issue with it(mind you the restaurant has been dong it for YEARS!)and put up a stink saying that the restaurant is unfairly advertising their place, pressuring people to go to their business, unfairly taking business away from others, blah, blah, blah. it was in the local papers.so now the restaurant is no longer allowed to use sidewalk chalk in front of their place. is this absolutely silly or is it just me? sounds like somebody is put out cause maybe they didn't think of it first!?.
It sounds as if it was a fun & funky place. I hope the publicity helped their business more than losing the chalk art. It needed the population to object to the objections.- as in what happened to the sidewalk art? We want it back!

I like it as well. A town near where I live in does Pastel's on the Plaza. Here is a link about it
http://www.ncsheadstart.org/pastels.htm

I like it as well. A town near where I live in does Pastel's on the Plaza. Here is a link about it
http://www.ncsheadstart.org/pastels.htm.
oceans said:
http://www.ncsheadstart.org/pastels.htm
We have our local Children's Advocacy center (CASA) and they did this as a fundraiser after building their new home in town. They invited everyone out and painted the inside of the walls like your sidewalk chalk art so it is not a scary place for kids when they are forced to go there. You could sponsor an artist. It is a fantastic idea!

Just happened to read this in the news today - tee hee
[FONT= 'times new roman']California town to spray-paint lawn bald spots[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']
Mar 18, 9:01 PM (ET)
[/FONT]PERRIS, Calif. (AP) - A town is going green to combat foreclosure blight: A contractor has been hired to spray-paint lawn bald spots. Perris spokesman Joe Vargo said contractor Dave Milligan uses an environmentally friendly dye that lasts up to six months and is harmless to people and pets. The city hopes the foreclosed properties are purchased and occupied before the lawn needs a touchup.
It costs about $550 to spray-paint a lawn. The city, some 70 miles southeast of Los Angeles, has set aside $2 million in an effort to stabilize foreclosure-fraught neighborhoods.
---
Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com
PS Trivia the other thing Perris is known for is it's skydiving schools
wink_smile.gif

for whatever reason, out of the blue, last summer, a group of various business owners apparently took issue with it(mind you the restaurant has been dong it for YEARS!)and put up a stink saying that the restaurant is unfairly advertising their place, pressuring people to go to their business, unfairly taking business away from others, blah, blah, blah. it was in the local papers.so now the restaurant is no longer allowed to use sidewalk chalk in front of their place. is this absolutely silly or is it just me? sounds like somebody is put out cause maybe they didn't think of it first!?.
Yup, someone's nose is out of joint. Times are tough and that sort of thing will just get worse. Innovation is like the whack-a-mole game, someone is always trying to whack you back into your place.

Back