Why Artists and Creatives Have an Unfair Advantage at Internet Marketing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']If you’re an artist or creative person of any kind then ‘creating’ is a lot higher on your list of priorities than ’selling’. [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']One of the great joys of pursuing your creative passion is the sheer pleasure of writing, painting, making music, acting, taking pictures or whatever you do — without any ulterior motive, and without needing to show any kind of ‘return on investment’. You do it because you love to do it. Amen to that.[/FONT][FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']"[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']"the less your media content looks like advertising, the more effective it will be as advertising."[/FONT]
Article from Wishful Thinking here
(From JB - This is where the blog comes in for innkeepers, this is where blogging on other websites and directories comes in, if you post SPECIALS and WHAT WE GOT AT THE INN only, then it looks like pure sell sell sell.
Please put your face on your blog somewhere, your name "Innkeeper Joe", put something personal on your website so guests don't think of you as as business only! I implore you! A small, sheepish grin, anything, otherwise you are just a business to people who view it) Off my soapboax now. Again. Sorry.
cry_smile.gif

Read the entire article it is full of gold nuggets!
Like "[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue'] You don’t go into the frozen food business because you want to work in media. But now they are faced with having to create entertaining and engaging media content, or be left behind."[/FONT]

and "[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']If he had started a website that was nothing more than an advert for his books and posters, how much traffic do you think he would get? Not much. But because he is giving away something genuinely valuable and making it easy for others to copy and share it, he’s created a business that virtually markets itself. Welcome to the future."[/FONT]

This is only if they can get off their creative kick long enough to HAVE an internet presence! I do have to say that quite a lot of the websites for photogs are exactly the same and it's kind of boring after awhile. But people who are artists who known web designers who are really good have some fantastic sites!

I think creative people have an advantge I remember when my sister did her teacher training she had to do a childrens story on the computer and draw all the pictures for it using paint box. Her's looked like mine would have done like stick people and clouds with legs for the dog where as the talented people were producing works of art That made me cross as in the real world it would never happen you would just use some clip art.

Back