Why bother?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
- With any of the wonderful info we put on our websites or in our emails when guests don't follow our advice?
- Calling to confirm check-in time only to show up 3 hours early and expect to be let in?
When I get a call asking when check-in is, I can almost guarantee the guest has read nothing. When the guest calls and then shows up an hour later, but still 3 hours early I wonder why I bother at all. Just to make the whole day more interesting, the guest booked 2 rooms but only showed up (early) by himself. And the other guests? I guess I have to wait to find out. And this isn't even the silly season!

You have been runing a B&B long enough, hard to see bothering to post this fact of life: Some people can't hear what you tell them; some people can't care.

You have been runing a B&B long enough, hard to see bothering to post this fact of life: Some people can't hear what you tell them; some people can't care..
Tom said:
You have been runing a B&B long enough, hard to see bothering to post this fact of life: Some people can't hear what you tell them; some people can't care.
Have to gripe somewhere or my head will explode! Maybe I should just make one of those movies!

You have been runing a B&B long enough, hard to see bothering to post this fact of life: Some people can't hear what you tell them; some people can't care..
Tom said:
Have to gripe somewhere or my head will explode! Maybe I should just make one of those movies!
Oh yes! Please do. They're a lot of fun to watch, and I can always use a good laugh. And it might be good therapy for you!
wink_smile.gif

Tom said:
Oh yes! Please do. They're a lot of fun to watch, and I can always use a good laugh. And it might be good therapy for you!
wink_smile.gif

A lot of the 'good' lines have been taken, but I'm thinking over some interesting scenarios! Maybe after the holidays I can really put my mind to it!

What happened to the door closed and locked with a sign that says....Will be back at 3 PM? You don't have to let them in. Just don't go anywhere near the door and they won't know you aren't there. :)

What happened to the door closed and locked with a sign that says....Will be back at 3 PM? You don't have to let them in. Just don't go anywhere near the door and they won't know you aren't there. :).
When there are empty rooms in the inn, I answer the door. Pavlov would have loved me as an experiment!

Same thing today in the exact same rooms! 2 couples show up at the door at noon wanting to check-in. Why not, there are no other cars in the driveway, everyone else must be gone and everything clean. Scared me half to death! I didn't even hear the cars pull in and I was right by the doorbell when they rang, all of them peering in the window and waving at me.
Ah well, it's the last of it until next weekend, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Same thing today in the exact same rooms! 2 couples show up at the door at noon wanting to check-in. Why not, there are no other cars in the driveway, everyone else must be gone and everything clean. Scared me half to death! I didn't even hear the cars pull in and I was right by the doorbell when they rang, all of them peering in the window and waving at me.
Ah well, it's the last of it until next weekend, so I guess I shouldn't complain..
If you want paying guests and they can see you through your door.... then I guess you answer the door
embaressed_smile.gif

Me....I would have the door locked until 3 PM. I have work to do.

Back