Why did she put onions in the quiche?!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never made a quiche yet. Probably won't. Most of the guests seem to be quiched out by the time they get to my place.

I've never made a quiche yet. Probably won't. Most of the guests seem to be quiched out by the time they get to my place..
oceans said:
I've never made a quiche yet. Probably won't. Most of the guests seem to be quiched out by the time they get to my place.
Different clientele. We have so many first time B&B goers that have never even had quiche! I kid you not! I toughen it up with potatoes on the side.
tounge_smile.gif

I've never made a quiche yet. Probably won't. Most of the guests seem to be quiched out by the time they get to my place..
We've had guests say that about stuffed French toast. The morning they were here we had omelets; they had stayed in three different B&Bs on the previous three mornings and had three kinds of stuffed French toast.

We've had guests say that about stuffed French toast. The morning they were here we had omelets; they had stayed in three different B&Bs on the previous three mornings and had three kinds of stuffed French toast.
muirford said:
I had met a new person in town and when she found out we owned a B&B she asked that very question. Apparently she and her husband went on a one night each B&B tour of the mountains here and had stuffed french toast every morning.
Then I have had guests who I KNEW were doing the same like our Birtish couple from Graceland TN to here, not once did they have it! We were like night 7 or 8. So ya never know.

muirford said:
We had guests here over the summer whose last B&B stay they were served FT every morning, same B&B. The only difference was the fruit on top. I didn't want to serve them any FT but they were here 5 days, they were gonna get it. They loved every version we served and kept saying, 'You don't get it, it was fried bread with a piece of fruit on top, nothing like what you make.'
We've avoided the stuffed version almost all summer.

muirford said:
We had guests here over the summer whose last B&B stay they were served FT every morning, same B&B. The only difference was the fruit on top. I didn't want to serve them any FT but they were here 5 days, they were gonna get it. They loved every version we served and kept saying, 'You don't get it, it was fried bread with a piece of fruit on top, nothing like what you make.'
Bree said:
muirford said:
Question, is it really fried? Is that the correct term? I make ours on a griddle with a little butter. It is not really sauteed, but more grilled. Just curious.
PS SIde note I have an aversion to soft squishy food, same reason I can't eat pumpkin pie. So most of the time stuffed FT is soft in the middle - not my cup of tea.

muirford said:
Bree said:
muirford said:
Question, is it really fried? Is that the correct term? I make ours on a griddle with a little butter. It is not really sauteed, but more grilled. Just curious.
PS SIde note I have an aversion to soft squishy food, same reason I can't eat pumpkin pie. So most of the time stuffed FT is soft in the middle - not my cup of tea.
Not deep fried, so I guess fried isn't right. But that's what they said it was. What IS the right term for what you do to FT to brown it? Maybe that's it- 'brown on both sides'. Grilled is a good one but leads to questions in a recipe...cooked on a 'grill'?

muirford said:
Bree said:
muirford said:
Not deep fried, so I guess fried isn't right. But that's what they said it was. What IS the right term for what you do to FT to brown it? Maybe that's it- 'brown on both sides'. Grilled is a good one but leads to questions in a recipe...cooked on a 'grill'?
Bree said:
griddled

We practically never serve stuffed FT because dh said it's what every one else serves. But when I'm tired (like now) and busy or have just one or two for breakfast, FT is a beautiful thing... fast, cheap, easy (it's American, after all!).
I just make it plain (not stuffed) and serve with maple glazed sausage links. Easy and filling (and stretchable for mornings like this when there's an extra person at the table).
=)
Kk.

We practically never serve stuffed FT because dh said it's what every one else serves. But when I'm tired (like now) and busy or have just one or two for breakfast, FT is a beautiful thing... fast, cheap, easy (it's American, after all!).
I just make it plain (not stuffed) and serve with maple glazed sausage links. Easy and filling (and stretchable for mornings like this when there's an extra person at the table).
=)
Kk..
That is the beauty of the bread pudding - not many people make it so they do not get it everywhere they go to a B & B and all you have to do to stretch it is add a bit more bread! True you can't add if an extra shows up at the door, but I always make a bit more than I think I will need in case there is a big eater. One can of sliced peaches chopped up does it (and I reserve 3 slices for garnish with a cherry in the middle).

That's why I haven't served the stuffed French toast either! I think there are a lot of B&Bs that serve breakfast casseroles too, which I've yet to make here.

=)
Kk..
That is the beauty of the bread pudding - not many people make it so they do not get it everywhere they go to a B & B and all you have to do to stretch it is add a bit more bread! True you can't add if an extra shows up at the door, but I always make a bit more than I think I will need in case there is a big eater. One can of sliced peaches chopped up does it (and I reserve 3 slices for garnish with a cherry in the middle).
Bread pudding to me seems more like the baked good or bread part of the meal as opposed to the entree. I don't think of it as the main part of a B&B breakfast but maybe that's just me....

I also put onions in some of my quiches. Yesterday I made a vegetable quicke with fried onions, red and green peppers, a layer of feta cheese and then a cheddar cheese mix on top of that. Not one crumb was left on the plate. I also make a mushroom and onion quiche (fried before I put them in the quiche). I have never had any one say anything about onions in a quiche.
Once I had someone say that they did not like onions, so I made her an individual quiche with no onions. Everyone at the table (7 people) were happy. I don't understand some people.

=)
Kk..
Bread pudding to me seems more like the baked good or bread part of the meal as opposed to the entree. I don't think of it as the main part of a B&B breakfast but maybe that's just me....
Topped with vanillayogurt - it gets rave reviews from guests

Back