Why did you open a B&B or become an Innkeeper?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sporting events here (for the school age youngsters) are mostly Saturday mornings.
Now that oldest is in marching band it will be the Friday Night games - for the Fall. Only one parent can go, and one stay home for check ins. This is why we are selling...for the family. The time has come, we have done it and done it well..
Question: If you have late arrivals, do you put a note out for self check-in? Just asking because why wouldn't that work for your Friday night football games? Or go in 2 cars so one can go home after half-time show ends. When I was in high school (OK ancient history and it is probably all changed now) the band was involved with the National Anthem before the game and then half-time show. And the march down the field at the end. The half-time show was the big deal. Just trying to think of ways you could make it work. Remember Sabastian!
gillumhouse said:
Question: If you have late arrivals, do you put a note out for self check-in? Just asking because why wouldn't that work for your Friday night football games? Or go in 2 cars so one can go home after half-time show ends. When I was in high school (OK ancient history and it is probably all changed now) the band was involved with the National Anthem before the game and then half-time show. And the march down the field at the end. The half-time show was the big deal. Just trying to think of ways you could make it work. Remember Sabastian!
Can you imagine 6 rooms for a self check in. Now that would be funny. Leave the apron hanging on the front door and assign the first guest who arrives the task of the walk through.
But maybe JBJ is in an area where the early check-ins are there at Noon or not all would be coming at half-time. Sometimes tossing even idiotic ideas up in the air bring out something that will make a hair of sense that can be built upon.
Would rather toss out a thought and look stupid to everyone than to sit on an idea that may generate the seed that could germinate into a solution. I have looked stupid and been told I was stupid most of my life so big deal. Sometimes it really does turn into a - well if we tried this and added that, it might maybe perhaps work.

it is called brain storming!
poke.gif
keep it up, your ideals make me think!!!

It was worth asking...
I don't think my parents ever came to our games (we were all in marching band). Maybe because they'd have to pay to get in? I don't know why, but they hardly ever did. Concerts, yes. Games, not so much.
What times do games start nowadays?
=)
Kk.

Shucks Diva
Thought I'd be the one asking questions...lol
How far in the future?...I honestly have no idea. I have variables that have to be played out first.
Research?...talked with some folks I know that have stayed at B&B's...I have yet to...been looking at the "For Sale" listings at several sites for a little more than a year
Seminars?....not yet. Woked/volunteered?....I recall only once seeing mention of that. Sounds like a plan. Good to get a taste before jumping in
What part of the Country?.....Propose to B&B?....I'm thinking a little south of where I am now. I would prefer less or no snow as I age....I am currently some 30 odd miles from NYC. The cost of living is a burden.
I currently own a small seasonal business in a service related industry. I do OK...much better now. Now that I have learned to live small. I just feel that retiring here is out of the question. I love what I do. Business aspect wears me down time to time.
One Day said:
Research?...talked with some folks I know that have stayed at B&B's...I have yet to...been looking at the "For Sale" listings at several sites for a little more than a year
OK, you have got to go stay at a few! Next time you travel somewhere, be sure to stay in a B&B!
I love what I do. Business aspect wears me down time to time
Yep, that pretty much sums up what we're saying here!
:welcome:
=)
Kk.

It was worth asking...
I don't think my parents ever came to our games (we were all in marching band). Maybe because they'd have to pay to get in? I don't know why, but they hardly ever did. Concerts, yes. Games, not so much.
What times do games start nowadays?
=)
Kk..
My parents were at the games but not watching me - they were running the popcorn machine in the concession stand as band parents. They were at concerts, plays, etc - alwys ready to drive a car full of kids to whatever. Daddy's pride of all he ever did was that he coached the 6th grade boys basketball team and got the entire team in his car (think clown car at the circus) to get them to away games. This was before permission slips and seat belts, etc.
Many times DH has commented on the difference in our parents. Mine went to everything and were involved in everything (where do you think I got my training?) and his parents never went to anything except his graduation from high school.

My parents never attended the school sports that I did...Once my mom came to a lacrosse game in HS...
I never expected them to......truthfully, didn't want them to.
However.....it is understandable the importance of parents being involved with their childrens lives......more so today.....where you can identify what what is going on in the Country and World that values and responsibilities has been cast aside

I think every kid needs to hear their parent cheering for them at some point in their childhood! The more the merrier. Not always possible with schedules, of course.
I had parents who were never there for any event I participated in. What is it called Absentee Parenting? Fend for yourself and make your own way. We all do what we do, as long as we put effort into it.

Back