Why do people do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I am sure we have covered this topic before but I am so cross why do people who are 200 years old and walk with a stick and are staying 3 nights not tell you so that you put them on the top floor so they nearly die when they get to their room!!! luckily I was able to jiggle things round to get them in on the ground floor. but if the other guests had arrived first (they are strapping young men and perfectly capable of being on the top floor) GRRRR!!! I think it was mort that said they think we have ground floor or first floor rooms we pull out of our posteriors when we need them!!! GRRR

Funny, but I had 2 couples who were right up there and they wrestled me for the bags telling me they were 'healthy & strong!' (The daughter who had arranged for the trip called me from Italy to inquire if her parents & their friends had arrived yet? I told her they hadn't and she said to have them call her AS SOON as they got in. I told the parents and you know what they did? They rolled their eyes! I laughed.)
But, yes, if you're NOT healthy and strong, please don't book a room at the top of the house!
Then again, I had a grandmother here for a graduation and grandma told me she was 80. When it came time to get the bags down she said her suitcase was 'too heavy' for her 50-ish year old son! Gotta love the perky ones.

for the view?
to be away from 'noise'? this is not said to insult anyone. but i had one first floor room, a beautiful room, easy access to everything. BUT, those in that room had to deal with anyone sitting out on the front deck or the comings and goings in the door or the library tv conversation, sounds of people in the hall ... etc.
are the upper floor rooms less per night?

for the view?
to be away from 'noise'? this is not said to insult anyone. but i had one first floor room, a beautiful room, easy access to everything. BUT, those in that room had to deal with anyone sitting out on the front deck or the comings and goings in the door or the library tv conversation, sounds of people in the hall ... etc.
are the upper floor rooms less per night?.
Nope price wise they are exactly the same but we only have 2 single rooms and they are on the top (4th floor) I told one chap this who was booking for himself and his mum and he said that was fine(he sounded about 30 so estimated mum as about 55/60 and in good health) when they came she looked at the first floor and asked if we had a lift. she was tiny and frail and could hardly make it down for breakfast so had to convince a chap who had booked a double room for single occupancy on the ground floor to take a single instead. What had made me cross was he knew his mother there is no way she would have made it.

for the view?
Nope price wise they are exactly the same but we only have 2 single rooms and they are on the top (4th floor) I told one chap this who was booking for himself and his mum and he said that was fine(he sounded about 30 so estimated mum as about 55/60 and in good health) when they came she looked at the first floor and asked if we had a lift. she was tiny and frail and could hardly make it down for breakfast so had to convince a chap who had booked a double room for single occupancy on the ground floor to take a single instead. What had made me cross was he knew his mother there is no way she would have made it.
What had made me cross was he knew his mother there is no way she would have made it.
Maybe you just cheated him out of an early inheritance...

for the view?
Seashanty, that's a very good point about the first floor rooms in a lot of places. I'm leery of them myself after staying in a few where we had all the people coming and going in & out of the house, slamming the front door. LOUD conversations. Smokers going in & out all night. Kudos to innkeepers who have floor plans on their web sites so guests can see if this might be an issue for them.

for the view?
What had made me cross was he knew his mother there is no way she would have made it.
There you go.
I managed an inn for a family I affectionately called the waiters. They were all waiting for the old man to die so they could split up his many assets. And no, that's not an assumption. The 8 children were split into different camps with different attorneys all ready to sue each other at the exact moment it became possible.
No, I do not miss any of them.

for the view?
There you go.
I managed an inn for a family I affectionately called the waiters. They were all waiting for the old man to die so they could split up his many assets. And no, that's not an assumption. The 8 children were split into different camps with different attorneys all ready to sue each other at the exact moment it became possible.
No, I do not miss any of them.
Story according to my Mother (the granddaughter): When her Father's Mother was dying, her children had gathered in the adjoining room and were beginning to fight over the inheritance. Per my Mother, Mums had the servant go tell her children they could at least wait until she was dead to start fighting over the spoils.
Mom said that unfortunately for her Father, his Mother had kept his IOUs and that is what he got.

Back