Why do they bother?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Why even bother to make a rez if all you keep asking is how late can you cancel? WAIT! Make your plans. Then make your rez!

When I get those kinds of calls I discourage them from booking. I tell them to call back when they are sure. I don't want to have to worry about it.
RIki

When we get this kind we always encourage not booking. But it's like written in stone, if you don't want them to they are definitely going to book it. Murphy's Law!

I tell them it sounds as they are still finalizing their plans and I look forward to hearing from they once they do.

I tell them it sounds as they are still finalizing their plans and I look forward to hearing from they once they do..
The other part was wanting only one night but NOT wanting the room I have open for just one night. No, she wanted to take a Saturday night on a room that still had Fri open.

I know that I may ask how late I can cancel.
Seems like there is a very wide variety in the cancellation details for B&Bs and inns.
You never know what can happen when you are on holiday.
They're not like hotels when you can cancel up to the day of your reservation.

I know that I may ask how late I can cancel.
Seems like there is a very wide variety in the cancellation details for B&Bs and inns.
You never know what can happen when you are on holiday.
They're not like hotels when you can cancel up to the day of your reservation..
The initital complaint was that was all the guest caller kept asking, 'So if I want t cancel I have to do it by this date, RIGHT?' Over and over. She was not worried about something going wrong on her one night, she wanted to know when she could cancel if something better came along.
And how long she had to keep looking for something better.

Back