Why do they do this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guests come to door. He has a cane and can barely make it up the stairs. Of course they have booked a room upstairs. They want to know if they can park in front of the house to avoid the stairs. BUT they booked an upstairs room. I moved them. Now they have a first floor room. They still can't park in front. Funny, they ask, 'Is that the only parking lot you have?'
Sitting here with the door open I hear running water. She's in the kitchen washing out her cooler. Oh joy.
And now is when she decides to tell me what she can't have for breakfast. (One reason I am not a real fan of online bookings...I can't be sure they have read anything and it's on MY head, not theirs when they don't.)

Like those people who call to make sure someone can help them carry in their bags. I say to them, You know your room is upstairs? (We had the cottage open btw you cheapskates!)

Like those people who call to make sure someone can help them carry in their bags. I say to them, You know your room is upstairs? (We had the cottage open btw you cheapskates!).
Well, if hubs was here he could have carried the bags. I didn't even have my shoes on at that point. (Ironing in bare feet.)

Like those people who call to make sure someone can help them carry in their bags. I say to them, You know your room is upstairs? (We had the cottage open btw you cheapskates!).
Well, if hubs was here he could have carried the bags. I didn't even have my shoes on at that point. (Ironing in bare feet.)
I carry bags all the time. It's cheaper than the gym :)

Samster said:
One 75 lb large bag might be cheaper than the gym, but the traction will cost ya.
I always offer to carry bags. It is those who demand someone carry their bag that puts me off. Maybe I should put my gloved hand out afterward for a quarter.
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
One 75 lb large bag might be cheaper than the gym, but the traction will cost ya.
I always offer to carry bags. It is those who demand someone carry their bag that puts me off. Maybe I should put my gloved hand out afterward for a quarter.
teeth_smile.gif

Balance and body mechanics :) I knew that nursing degree would pay off in this biz
wink_smile.gif

Another one...why is it that the largest guests squeeze into the smallest parking space? 3 empty spaces and they pull in between 2 other cars and fling the doors open. One bumped all along the side of my car with her luggage. Arrrgh!

And yet one more...why do guests stand sheepishly at the door, knocking & ringing, and when I get there tell me they forgot their key? What the heck is the keypad for???? So I don't have to run to the door every 5 minutes for guests who 'forget' their keys! We thought this would solve problems. Nope, it has created more.
I also had to put a sign on the door yesterday..."A/C is on, please close door!"
It wasn't up this morning so everyone left the door open going in and out. (Because they forget their keys!)

And yet one more...why do guests stand sheepishly at the door, knocking & ringing, and when I get there tell me they forgot their key? What the heck is the keypad for???? So I don't have to run to the door every 5 minutes for guests who 'forget' their keys! We thought this would solve problems. Nope, it has created more.
I also had to put a sign on the door yesterday..."A/C is on, please close door!"
It wasn't up this morning so everyone left the door open going in and out. (Because they forget their keys!).
If there's a keypad, why do they have keys?
=)
Kk.

It wasn't up this morning so everyone left the door open going in and out. (Because they forget their keys!).
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
I think it's just a euphemism, 'I forgot my keys,' when what they mean is they didn't memorize the code and the little fob with the code on it is not with them. Why not? Because, obviously, I am going to be there to open the door.

=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
I think it's just a euphemism, 'I forgot my keys,' when what they mean is they didn't memorize the code and the little fob with the code on it is not with them. Why not? Because, obviously, I am going to be there to open the door.
You know, when we first opened (last Mem. Dy Wkend) I looked into all the keypads, the different locks, the this and the that. We chose to put locks on each of the ROOM doors, and we left the same lock on the front door.
NEVER had a problem. B&B guests are very respectful, and the nicest people in the world. And, our B&B is in New York. Go figure.

=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
We have a code that's really easy to remember...there's a little rhyme actually. Before that it was related to the year that one of the houses' were built. Not the year right on the historic plaques, though. That would have been a little too easy for someone that we didn't want to come in. I am soooooooooooo glad that we got rid of the front door keys. This is working out GREAT!! :)

=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
We have a code that's really easy to remember...there's a little rhyme actually. Before that it was related to the year that one of the houses' were built. Not the year right on the historic plaques, though. That would have been a little too easy for someone that we didn't want to come in. I am soooooooooooo glad that we got rid of the front door keys. This is working out GREAT!! :)
I need to change mine... could you email me off forum with your easy to remember one?
Thanks!
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Well, mine spells out a word and I tell them, if you can't remember the numbers, here's what it spells. Everyone laughs and then rings the bell because they can't remember either the numbers, the word OR to bring the key fob with the code on it when they leave.

Back