WHY do they do this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...slam the room doors on every entry and exit. I almost yelled at them it was so bad. Every 5 minutes one of them was slamming either the interior door, the exterior door or the bathroom door. And there were, at one point, SIX people in and out of the room. (And, no, they did not ask if they could invite friends over and take all of my parking spaces.)
Ah, one more slam as I type. I'm going to go sleep in the living room. If they wake me up with the door slamming I won't be responsible.

Did you all see the PAII forum thread recently about the poor Innkeeps that had to clean up poo off the floor? Apparently an elderly guest was having some medical issues. Good grief! I think it's terribly selfish of people to expect total strangers (even if they've paid them) to deal with things like this. Just stay home!.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Apparently an elderly guest was having some medical issues. Good grief! I think it's terribly selfish of people to expect total strangers (even if they've paid them) to deal with things like this. Just stay home!
Just happened with me. Picked him from railway station covered in poo. The room we gave him & it's bathroom were in mess when he left. He even gave us the heavily soiled "laundry" which we politely refused.
The worst part, however, was when he made a false claim with our OTA that he never checked in at our place! This one hurt.....

Did you all see the PAII forum thread recently about the poor Innkeeps that had to clean up poo off the floor? Apparently an elderly guest was having some medical issues. Good grief! I think it's terribly selfish of people to expect total strangers (even if they've paid them) to deal with things like this. Just stay home!.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Apparently an elderly guest was having some medical issues. Good grief! I think it's terribly selfish of people to expect total strangers (even if they've paid them) to deal with things like this. Just stay home!
Just happened with me. Picked him from railway station covered in poo. The room we gave him & it's bathroom were in mess when he left. He even gave us the heavily soiled "laundry" which we politely refused.
The worst part, however, was when he made a false claim with our OTA that he never checked in at our place! This one hurt.....
My neighbour had one he came as a walk in at my door took one look and could smell the drink and said sorry we are full. She took him and and after the first day chucked him out there was poo everywhere ie up the walls etc in the bathroom. I am certain some people have a medical problem but he had to have wiped it up the walls there is no other way. She said she was crying as she was scrubbing it off. My other neighbour who has just fully renovated her place spent a fortune and its supr lush had someone in last weekend who managed to progectile vomit up the wall down the curtain and accross the floor sent her a cracking bill mind as she had to remake the curtains, redecorate the wall and scrubb the carpet with bleach. Just really upset her as a new owner and only in business about 2 months. She was also going spare about the amount of lubricant people seem to be getting all over the sheets which is a pain to get out. Said this is why i have waterproof mattress covers on all my beds.

Aussie Innkeeper said:
My neighbour had one he came as a walk in at my door took one look and could smell the drink and said sorry we are full. She took him and and after the first day chucked him out there was poo everywhere ie up the walls etc in the bathroom. I am certain some people have a medical problem but he had to have wiped it up the walls there is no other way. She said she was crying as she was scrubbing it off. My other neighbour who has just fully renovated her place spent a fortune and its supr lush had someone in last weekend who managed to progectile vomit up the wall down the curtain and accross the floor sent her a cracking bill mind as she had to remake the curtains, redecorate the wall and scrubb the carpet with bleach. Just really upset her as a new owner and only in business about 2 months. She was also going spare about the amount of lubricant people seem to be getting all over the sheets which is a pain to get out. Said this is why i have waterproof mattress covers on all my beds.
Yuck!
Shampoo for lube stains, even silicone based stains. Cold water. Don't put in the dryer until the stain is gone. Never use dish soap because it often has bleach.

Fill out the entire online form but leave out their city? Instead, they put in an apt # or some other silliness.

...ring the doorbell at noon to tell me they are early and they will be back at 3 to check-in?

Just finished doing that. Elderly - medical / mobility issues.

...ring the doorbell at noon to tell me they are early and they will be back at 3 to check-in?.
Yep---today, phone call at 10:50 to ask me to remind them when check-in is. I say begins at 3, but let me see what I have noted for you. She says Oh, we're here. (BTW, their reservation noted 4pm). I say, well enjoy the town, and I'll be ready for you at 3pm. They were ringing the bell at 2:50.
I LOVE when people are excited!
wink_smile.gif

...NOT read their confirmation information (TWICE I SENT THIS, the last one was a few days ago) and show up on the wrong day insisting they have a rez?

Back