WHY do you do it? - Your people know WHAT you do...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Innspiration for business people
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]WHY do you do it? - Your people know WHAT you do. And most know HOW you do it. But WHY? ...[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/9acFCW[/COLOR]

How about it? why do you do what you do? I had to think about that a bit and then once I got an answer a bunch more came to me.
For starters: I love opening up our front door to meet and greet people and welcoming them to our inn.

"Abjure challenge, and life loses richness and texture". (J. Tullock on growing orchids) Some of us like a challenge......

So that people can PAY ME to come ENTERTAIN ME!
I also hate commuting. 10 steps from bedroom to kitchen is commute enough.

How about it? why do you do what you do? I had to think about that a bit and then once I got an answer a bunch more came to me.
For starters: I love opening up our front door to meet and greet people and welcoming them to our inn..
All about me- I want to work from home, I don't want to work for idjits anymore, I like, even when I fear, controlling my own destiny. I would never know people from all over the world the way I know them doing something else.
It would be nice to come up with reasons that had something to do with the guests who come, but I can't.

First is was I wanted to be able to share this great area with others... Teach them the hidden treasures of the area when all they thought was the big touristy stuff.
Now I am learning from our guests, different personalities, cultures - it is an educational experience as well.
Oh and as Ike said - I too never want to work for the jerks in the world again.

I prefer to work for myself I have no patience with the way most hotel chains are run with no staff incentive to save money or make money. Here every decision is mine and win or lose it is up to me (and DH but you know what I mean) It stretches my mind and creativity and provides me with an infinite variety of challenges to which we have to rise every day. If the public knew what we have to deal with they would run screaming for the hills!

Back