WHY does there always have to be one?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
We have a very fun Christmas package planned for this weekend. Everyone who has checked in so far has been truly delightful...we had a little snow earlier and our house is all decked out so it is just SO festive.
Hubs is checking in the last set now...OLDer folks, they've called 20 times this week to get re-confirmed, they hit traffic, the weather was bad whine, whine, whine on her part and flat out bitch, bitch, bitch on his. He insisted on seeing the room first before DH could do any of the check-in spiel...like we were hiding something about it or something??? It was NOT for a bathroom break or anything like that either, he must've been burned one time before or something. Now he's out there pretty much just disagreeing with everything DH says just for the sake of disagreeing. I walked away.
I'm about to tell him to go humbug himself...

What sorts of things do you do for your Christmas package?
I don't know why someone always shows up under duress. Why do people do this to each other? And us!

Sorry to hear that. Some people are just scrooges. I hope it turns out well.

Geez...what a holiday grinch! Sorry they're putting a damper on the Christmas spirit. Hopefully they just some rest and will appreciate they're environment when they've settled in. Hang in there!

What sorts of things do you do for your Christmas package?
I don't know why someone always shows up under duress. Why do people do this to each other? And us!.
Our town does a lot of holiday things, so we package dinner and a show basically with a 2-night stay. It works out to be ~$500 for a very event-filled weekend. People LOVE this package. This guy is just THAT guy...the one who thinks this is our first day running this place so he'd better step in and tell us how to do things "right". It might just be an age thing too, as we are at least 30 years younger than he, probably the same age as his kids so that's how he's going to treat us.
Last night he asked DH if he could make a suggestion and DH said "I'm good, thanks"! He made it funny. He was trying to tell us something about our fireplace, so then DH had to explain WHY we work it the way we work it...trust me people, DH is an engineer and there is ALWAYS a "why" for everything we do! Thank goodness DH has the patience to stand there and listen/talk to him. I just walked away, his attitude is horrible.

People like this drive me mad we had one who was telling me how we should have a radio on in the breakfast room. I expained that to do so we would have to have a liscence from the performing rights society which is £500 a year ($1000 approx) to do so. He said well why don't you have it in the kitchen and loud enough so we can hear it (we are open plan) I explained that this defeated the object as it is the audience that is the problem ie that you can hear it!!! I am not paying $1000 a year so you can listen to the radio during breakfast! I had another chap that made me do a tour of the building showing him all the fire exits. mind you lately the weirdo's are all men lately!

Back