Why I should have declined

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Guest called months ago for a room. Called many, many times. Needed unscented products for cleaning and laundry. The laundry is not a problem as I need unscented prods as well. The cleaning is a matter of airing the room out from the lysol.
Now the problem. A guest who overuses perfume. It is SO bad I cannot sleep in my own bedroom because the scent has wafted along the hallway from the guest room into mine. I do not even want to imagine me trying to clean that room tomorrow. Inhaler in one hand, swiffer in the other.
I am hoping that 4 days is enough to air the HOUSE out as the smell is also in the common areas. My guess is she's covering up the smell of her cigs but I don't know that until I get into the room. Cig smoke is SO much easier to remove than perfume sprayed everywhere.

sad_smile.gif

regarding the no scent caller.
I've seen a couple threads on this same subject over time...I am curious as to whether these alergy folks chose to book at a B&B cause the B&B is more accomodating ?
Do hotels accomodate them ?
Or is a hotel a take it or leave it ?
I am completely aware of the small venue perspective.....Was just wondering if it is worth the hassle......if one has to change their M/O to accomodate such guests ?

I've seen a couple threads on this same subject over time...I am curious as to whether these alergy folks chose to book at a B&B cause the B&B is more accomodating ?
I am completely aware of the small venue perspective.....Was just wondering if it is worth the hassle......if one has to change their M/O to accomodate such guests ?.
This one happened to tell me she called numerous places who would not accommodate her. As we already do most everything she needed, it wasn't really an issue. But if she were here at the same time as this perfume douser, she would leave and leave me out 2 rooms while the other one coulnd't really be charged for using perfume and I couldn't charge the one who left, either.
It's why it is hard to accommodate certain things no matter what. We can't control the other guests. Well, up to a point. If the other guests were rowdy, but I don't think perfume abuse is cause for eviction, not yet anyway!

I mentioned this when you brought this up when she booked, or it may have been another innmate, I said "I cannot guarantee other guests don't stink!" I had super strong perfume in one room this weekend, I can tell where she was and when! OVERPOWERED THE ENTIRE BREAKFAST TABLE!!! I used magic zymes in the wash for the linens. Just typing this I can taste that perfume, it made your eyes water!
You know it is bad when they walk past OUTSIDE and it wafts into the windows...that is strong.

I am completely aware of the small venue perspective.....Was just wondering if it is worth the hassle......if one has to change their M/O to accomodate such guests ?.
This one happened to tell me she called numerous places who would not accommodate her. As we already do most everything she needed, it wasn't really an issue. But if she were here at the same time as this perfume douser, she would leave and leave me out 2 rooms while the other one coulnd't really be charged for using perfume and I couldn't charge the one who left, either.
It's why it is hard to accommodate certain things no matter what. We can't control the other guests. Well, up to a point. If the other guests were rowdy, but I don't think perfume abuse is cause for eviction, not yet anyway!
Thanks....
The no scent laundry is one thing, not much a hassle.....but me....I like the smell of cleaning products, except strong bleach
These type of guests intrigue me.....like the glutten free folks.
Had no idea to what lengths one must partake in the hospitality of owning/operating a B&B.........it's not so cookie cutter

I mentioned this when you brought this up when she booked, or it may have been another innmate, I said "I cannot guarantee other guests don't stink!" I had super strong perfume in one room this weekend, I can tell where she was and when! OVERPOWERED THE ENTIRE BREAKFAST TABLE!!! I used magic zymes in the wash for the linens. Just typing this I can taste that perfume, it made your eyes water!
You know it is bad when they walk past OUTSIDE and it wafts into the windows...that is strong..
My lips hurt and my nose is feeling like it's been exposed to harsh chemical fumes. All bad signs.
I'll be camping out in the spare bedroom tonight.

Thanks....
The no scent laundry is one thing, not much a hassle.....but me....I like the smell of cleaning products, except strong bleach
These type of guests intrigue me.....like the glutten free folks.
Had no idea to what lengths one must partake in the hospitality of owning/operating a B&B.........it's not so cookie cutter
One Day said:
!

Alibi Ike said:
...I am hoping that 4 days is enough to air the HOUSE out as the smell is also in the common areas. My guess is she's covering up the smell of her cigs but I don't know that until I get into the room. Cig smoke is SO much easier to remove than perfume sprayed everywhere....
One word... Ozium.
Other things you can try... boiling vinegar. Spraying vodka.

Alibi Ike said:
...I am hoping that 4 days is enough to air the HOUSE out as the smell is also in the common areas. My guess is she's covering up the smell of her cigs but I don't know that until I get into the room. Cig smoke is SO much easier to remove than perfume sprayed everywhere....
One word... Ozium.
Other things you can try... boiling vinegar. Spraying vodka..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow, really? I've never heard about spraying vodka. I don't think I could perform that kind of alcohol abuse though
teeth_smile.gif

Alibi Ike said:
One word... Ozium.
Other things you can try... boiling vinegar. Spraying vodka..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow, really? I've never heard about spraying vodka. I don't think I could perform that kind of alcohol abuse though
teeth_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
teeth_smile.gif
Don't use the expensive stuff. Essentially, vodka has no smell when dry and dries quickly. You could use rubbing alcohol, but that just doesn't have the panache.
On the weird things with vodka list... if you have a harsh vodka, like Sky and want to make it smooth... put it through a Brita a few times to distill it. All the vodka, none of the harsh.

Well, I'm gonna have to spray something. Now my living room stinks, too. So, half the inn and half my apartment are reeking.

I love that Magic-zymes stuff!! It's a miracle! It even takes the bromine smell out of our hot tub rooms. It's worked for smoke smell left by guests, perfume...everything!

How about candles? hubbie said light stick matches light five six at a time burn them then light them again and wait-this is what husband said.

Finden Sie die neuste brautkleider 2012, Brautmode 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.Ballkleid Hochzeitskleid, cocktailkleider braun Meerjungfrau Brautkleider
Ballkleider Brautkleider haben in beliebt für viele Jahre gewesen.
Jedes unserer Ballkleid Hochzeit Kleider hat besondere Chart und seine eigene Sauberkeit.
unsere Hochzeitskleider Designer lösen eine modische Brautkleider Kollektion - Ballkleid Brautkleid.
Top-Class-Bettwäsche brautmoden brautkleider , einzigartige Party Kleider, brautkleider shop online professionelle Handarbeit, a-line backless Brautkleider, abendkleider günstig online abendkleider günstig online diese ganze, den Ball Roben Brautkleider sind viel mehr bekannt als zusätzliche Stile heiraten Kleider.
Am 1. weiße Party Kleider, würden wir zeigen Ihnen die bescheidene Hochzeit Ballkleider. Diese Brautkleider sind speziell als diejenigen, die gerne Prinzessin Look gestaltet.
Die auffälligste Rolle ist seine hohe Gürtellinie, blau Ehe kleiden, 8800 Carbon Arte Günstige Phon, online shop abendkleid online shop abendkleid Günstige Brautschuhe, die ganz zeigen konnte die Linien der Ellbogen und Brust. Sekunde, Brautjunferkleider 2011, das Korsett Ballkleid Brautkleider. Es nämlich eine gegenseitige Typ in den Hochzeitskleidern und eignet sich für die meisten Bräute, weil der Stil geben würde Folk Sinne des ästhetischen Adel und Flügel.
Die nach außen von Ballkleider Brautkleider sind entlang, um die Ergebnisse einer großen Zahl von Mall Forschungen entwickelt. Wenn Sie einen bewundernden Hochzeitskleid, schlichte brautkleider dass wir nicht haben, einzigartige Brautkleider erkennen günstiges brautkleid günstiges brautkleid, amuse grenzen uns Meerjungfrau Kleider 2011, Sie gerechte sagte uns Ihre Anfrage und zeigen uns das Bild ballkleid online shop , cocktailkleider braun bezahlbare Ballkleider 2011 ballkleid kurz ballkleid kurz, können wir maßgeschneiderte es für Sie .
Das trägerlose Ballkleid Brautkleider sind die imaginäre Probe in unsere Produkte
braut abendmode

Back