Why is this my year for OBNOXIOUS multi-night stays???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
This has been such a theme this year...rotten, obnoxious guests and they are staying for 6 nights!!!!!! We've never had so many lengthy night stays.
One this morning has been to every b&b in our town and thinks himself an expert on all topics, he is monopolizing the breakfast table when clearly no one else cares, picking apart our linens, our breakfast, our MILK!
THIS IS ONLY HIS FIRST BREAKFAST!!!!!! I do not think I will last the rest of the week with him. I've tried killing with kindness but he will not be deterred. Lord, grant me strength.

You poor thing. We hate even three nighters! Half of them by the third night are so needy they need entertaining.
RIki

Hang in there.
Worse than the know-it-alls are the boring know-it-alls...time seems to dragggggggggg everytime they open their mouth.
Them "I had a strange dream last night"
Me "Oh and I bet you are going to tell me about it!" Eyes glaze over... BORING!!!!

I feel for you. I will grant you honorary membership in my 'guests from hell' club house. Watch your mail for the complimentary club tee shirt.

Try to stay away from him as much as possible. Make yourself very scarce.

I feel for you. I will grant you honorary membership in my 'guests from hell' club house. Watch your mail for the complimentary club tee shirt..
The Farmers Daughter said:
I feel for you. I will grant you honorary membership in my 'guests from hell' club house. Watch your mail for the complimentary club tee shirt.
You need a charter...
You know you're an innkeeper if...You have had to...
a)
b)
c)
or
d)
or all of the above
All you need to join is:___________________ and you are an honorary member.
You get a tshirt that says
pita.gif

Thank you so much for letting me vent. And yes, I am deep into "Act busy, look worried" mode so as to avoid them as much as possible. Really it is just him, the wife doesn't say two words. Luckily he is a chain smoker, so that need got him up from the breakfast table.

Thank you so much for letting me vent. And yes, I am deep into "Act busy, look worried" mode so as to avoid them as much as possible. Really it is just him, the wife doesn't say two words. Luckily he is a chain smoker, so that need got him up from the breakfast table..
InnsiderInfo said:
Thank you so much for letting me vent. And yes, I am deep into "Act busy, look worried" mode so as to avoid them as much as possible. Really it is just him, the wife doesn't say two words. Luckily he is a chain smoker, so that need got him up from the breakfast table.
I said to the "very good looking guest who looked like Tom Selleck" and his wife yesterday at check out as I discovered we had prev guests from the same town and their same church in this state,but for the life of me couldn't remember their names or faces. I said, "Don't worry if I soon forget you, only the bad guests are stuck in my memory bank. So that is a good thing!" ha ha
The bad guest who does stick in my mind was similar to the one you described above, the wife never spoke with him around and they came back from an outing and she had bruises all over her face. I will never forget as it was a major dilemma for me, do I call the police? What do I do? I did ask her and she said "SHE FELL WHILE ON A HIKE" and looked down and would not meet my eyes.
He put this dark presence over the breakfast table - mainly due to his interaction with her, and it was really scary. I get upset still thinking about it. They checked out and I never called anyone, and was sure she would not do anything anyway.

Thank you so much for letting me vent. And yes, I am deep into "Act busy, look worried" mode so as to avoid them as much as possible. Really it is just him, the wife doesn't say two words. Luckily he is a chain smoker, so that need got him up from the breakfast table..
InnsiderInfo said:
I said to the "very good looking guest who looked like Tom Selleck" and his wife yesterday at check out as I discovered we had prev guests from the same town and their same church in this state,but for the life of me couldn't remember their names or faces. I said, "Don't worry if I soon forget you, only the bad guests are stuck in my memory bank. So that is a good thing!" ha ha
The bad guest who does stick in my mind was similar to the one you described above, the wife never spoke with him around and they came back from an outing and she had bruises all over her face. I will never forget as it was a major dilemma for me, do I call the police? What do I do? I did ask her and she said "SHE FELL WHILE ON A HIKE" and looked down and would not meet my eyes.
He put this dark presence over the breakfast table - mainly due to his interaction with her, and it was really scary. I get upset still thinking about it. They checked out and I never called anyone, and was sure she would not do anything anyway.
That is an awful scenario, what an uncomfortable situation for you to have to be in. It just makes you wonder why these people even travel in the first place if there is so much dysfunction between them.
This guy doesn't have that vibe, I think she is truly content and that's why she's not as chatty. When I've spoken to her alone she's very pleasant. He just seemed to need to judge every little detail and this morning just managed to touch every sore point for me possible....likely because I do not feel that great in the first place so my fuse is much shorter than it normally would be.
I am really starting to suspect from some of the comments that they are the "Oh, we're thinking of starting a b&b" people...fishing, fishing, fishing and judging, judging, judging...good luck with that!

InnsiderInfo said:
That is an awful scenario, what an uncomfortable situation for you to have to be in. It just makes you wonder why these people even travel in the first place if there is so much dysfunction between them.
This guy doesn't have that vibe, I think she is truly content and that's why she's not as chatty. When I've spoken to her alone she's very pleasant. He just seemed to need to judge every little detail and this morning just managed to touch every sore point for me possible....likely because I do not feel that great in the first place so my fuse is much shorter than it normally would be.
I am really starting to suspect from some of the comments that they are the "Oh, we're thinking of starting a b&b" people...fishing, fishing, fishing and judging, judging, judging...good luck with that!
Oh good grief! Why is it that most of the people who want to have a B&B are either obnoxious know it alls who just have to tell you every small thing that is "wrong", or leave their rooms a mess? I had one check out yesterday who seemed very nice, then I went to clean the room and even though it's written everywhere (website, confirmation letter, webervations) that no candles are allowed, they had little tealight candles all over the tub and of course, wax dripped on and in the tub. They didn't even try to clean up the mess.

Were you looking for the strength to kill him or avoid killing him? Just curious...
wink_smile.gif

We were very lucky that our 7 nighter last week came prepared to have fun. I gave them a list of 50 different things to do and they added 10 more to it. Some of which I am going out to do tomorrow.

Were you looking for the strength to kill him or avoid killing him? Just curious...
wink_smile.gif

We were very lucky that our 7 nighter last week came prepared to have fun. I gave them a list of 50 different things to do and they added 10 more to it. Some of which I am going out to do tomorrow..
Bree said:
wink_smile.gif
Ha ha! Good to hear your input on this Bree! I THINK I was asking for the strength to just get through it. What ultimately settled his butt down was hearing us check in a very frequent guest who has also stayed at just about every place in our area...I think hearing our genuine friendship with this guest and the specifics of what he planned to do over his four night stay made the original jerk realize that he knows just about nothing about this area (though of course he was an expert this morning).
5 nights left!

Ok, this morning I am SO grateful for our fabulous guests who checked in last night. The whole house is full and Mr. Important is the only bad one in the bunch. He is from a city about 3 hours from here and as such I guess he thought he was "exotic". When he sat down at the breakfast table and introduced himself to guests from Oregon, Minnesota, Illinois and Louisiana it shut him right up.
teeth_smile.gif
(We need to find an icon that has a larger, more $!?@-eating type grin!)

Ok, this morning I am SO grateful for our fabulous guests who checked in last night. The whole house is full and Mr. Important is the only bad one in the bunch. He is from a city about 3 hours from here and as such I guess he thought he was "exotic". When he sat down at the breakfast table and introduced himself to guests from Oregon, Minnesota, Illinois and Louisiana it shut him right up.
teeth_smile.gif
(We need to find an icon that has a larger, more $!?@-eating type grin!).
Well, the folks from Oregon have to be fascinating!
poke.gif

teeth_smile.gif
(We need to find an icon that has a larger, more $!?@-eating type grin!).
Well, the folks from Oregon have to be fascinating!
poke.gif

Absolutely! Unfortunately they only got to stay for one night but they were lovely while they were here.
regular_smile.gif

I feel for you. I will grant you honorary membership in my 'guests from hell' club house. Watch your mail for the complimentary club tee shirt..
The Farmers Daughter said:
You need a charter...
You know you're an innkeeper if...You have had to...
a)
b)
c)
or
d)
or all of the above
All you need to join is:___________________ and you are an honorary member.
You get a tshirt that says
pita.gif

ROFLMAO! But it is sooooooo true!

Back