Why It’s a Mistake To Ration The Orange Juice

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, for everyone who puts the juice on the table, how do you keep it cold? I'm looking at a 2 hour time span here when juice woould steadily be getting warm and then having to be thrown out. I like the idea of not having to play serving wench all morning, but not liking throwing out a couple of pitchers of juice everyday..
We have three 1/2 litre juice pitchers (one pitcher for every 4 seats at the tables), and I pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes before filling at our starting breakfast time. We fill them and put them on the tables as seats fill in, then just keep refilling as they get emptied from the stash in the fridge...stays plenty cold.

So, for everyone who puts the juice on the table, how do you keep it cold? I'm looking at a 2 hour time span here when juice woould steadily be getting warm and then having to be thrown out. I like the idea of not having to play serving wench all morning, but not liking throwing out a couple of pitchers of juice everyday..
Morticia said:
So, for everyone who puts the juice on the table, how do you keep it cold? I'm looking at a 2 hour time span here when juice woould steadily be getting warm and then having to be thrown out. I like the idea of not having to play serving wench all morning, but not liking throwing out a couple of pitchers of juice everyday.
What if you put out a pitcher, then after 30-45 minutes switch it out for a new (cold) pitcher... two pitchers in rotation?
=)
Kk.
No room in the fridge. I serve 2 different juices and am just able to fit the 2 pitchers in the fridge with all the other Gomez has in there!

Had breakfast for the last couple days in a restaurant that served juice in big glasses, didn't feel right. Seemed like too much.

I have seen carafes set in crushed ice.

Morticia said:
So, for everyone who puts the juice on the table, how do you keep it cold? I'm looking at a 2 hour time span here when juice woould steadily be getting warm and then having to be thrown out. I like the idea of not having to play serving wench all morning, but not liking throwing out a couple of pitchers of juice everyday.
We have the juice pitcher that has the insert that is kept in the freezer with water in it. Pop the frozen ice holder in the pitcher and fill with juice. I think I got it at crate and barrel?
RIki

Back