Why No Virginia Listings on InnMarketing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondAct

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Virginia inns for sale have disappeared from the InnMarketing website? I thought it was a coincidence at first but there have been no listings for at least a couple of months, if not more.

That is weird. I know I saw some on there a few months ago, and I really doubt that they have all sold. Most of the other states that you would expect to see listings for still have some, although zero in Florida is a little odd as well.

I would inquire. Perhaps they sold that segment to one of the other B&B brokers in Virginia? Or are not licensed in VA right now?
Is someone interested in a beautiful B&B for sale in Virginia? I know one that is under the radar - ie not listed yet but will be this year. Email me. :)

Hmmm there were some several months ago..but my guess is the realtors who were there, are not associated with innmarketing any longer. We have several realtors who specialize in VA properties, so most folks go with them rather than others who are just realtors trying to sell B & B's. It does make a difference in my mind.

Hmmm, I was thinking it could be a licensing thing too. I did send them a question about it awhile back and got no response. Didn't notice about Florida, but I think Florida doesn't typically have a lot of listings so it might not have gotten my attention. Thanks everyone for your input!

Hmmm, I was thinking it could be a licensing thing too. I did send them a question about it awhile back and got no response. Didn't notice about Florida, but I think Florida doesn't typically have a lot of listings so it might not have gotten my attention. Thanks everyone for your input!.
If you are looking for a place in VA, go to bbonline.com or innvirginia.com where the association lists realtors under vendors and some member inns for sale.

Hmmm, I was thinking it could be a licensing thing too. I did send them a question about it awhile back and got no response. Didn't notice about Florida, but I think Florida doesn't typically have a lot of listings so it might not have gotten my attention. Thanks everyone for your input!.
If you are looking for a place in VA, go to bbonline.com or innvirginia.com where the association lists realtors under vendors and some member inns for sale.
Yep, have looked at those sites before, usually scan them at least once a month. Hadn't actually clicked on the vendor list, but I'm glad you pointed it out. Very helpful information on the site in general.

It's useful and on target for the topic of the thread, so I don't have a problem with it. ;)

Also try www.virginiainnbroker.com Pete Holladay was an innkeeper and now is an inn broker in Virginia..
gillumhouse said:
Also try www.virginiainnbroker.com Pete Holladay was an innkeeper and now is an inn broker in Virginia.
He has some nice ones listed! Makes me want to run up and buy one to live in! Off topic of Virginia B&B's, here's one in Maine listed for sale. We stayed there last summer, WOW, look at the sq ft (and price!). www.loopnet.com/property/16071265/81-Talbot-Avenue/ and how about this one in Florida?? bbteam.com/epl.html
tounge_smile.gif

I have your site bookmarked so have been checking there periodically. :)) If I can figure out how to do the automatic feed for updates, I'll give that a try .... I think that was mentioned somewhere on the forum before too.

I have your site bookmarked so have been checking there periodically. :)) If I can figure out how to do the automatic feed for updates, I'll give that a try .... I think that was mentioned somewhere on the forum before too..
SecondAct said:
I have your site bookmarked so have been checking there periodically. :)) If I can figure out how to do the automatic feed for updates, I'll give that a try .... I think that was mentioned somewhere on the forum before too.
The RSS link in my previous post is half of what you need, the other half is an RSS reader.
There are lots of them, I personally use the Google Reader. If you prefer yahoo, you can add a feed to your "My Yahoo" page pretty easily. New versions of Firefox and Microsoft Outlook have support for RSS as well.

Also try www.virginiainnbroker.com Pete Holladay was an innkeeper and now is an inn broker in Virginia..
gillumhouse said:
Also try www.virginiainnbroker.com Pete Holladay was an innkeeper and now is an inn broker in Virginia.
He has some nice ones listed! Makes me want to run up and buy one to live in! Off topic of Virginia B&B's, here's one in Maine listed for sale. We stayed there last summer, WOW, look at the sq ft (and price!). www.loopnet.com/property/16071265/81-Talbot-Avenue/ and how about this one in Florida?? bbteam.com/epl.html
tounge_smile.gif

Yep, I know the Florida inn as many innkeepers on the forum will be familiar with that one. It was also written up in Conde Nast. Great location but it will take someone with great busy savvy to take on a $8M inn :)

You may also want to consider an RSS feed of Virginia listings, so that as they are added you get automatically notified.
Virginia Inn for Sale RSS Feed
Virginia Inns for Sale
This is probably bordering on shameless self promotion, but hopefully it is useful for you
regular_smile.gif

Zach

Back