Why pay more money for advertising B&B's?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelsbug

Reaction score
Then join the cheapest B&B guide membership:
One year subscription is just $9.99
Two years subscription is just $14.99
The web site is is : http://www.hotelsbug.com [edited by swirt to break the link]
Check the site and decide.

The last thing THIS B & B would consider signing up for is something that had the words cheap and/or bug attached to it. There is no way in hell I want any guest to think bug or cheap in the same sentence with my inn!

The last thing THIS B & B would consider signing up for is something that had the words cheap and/or bug attached to it. There is no way in hell I want any guest to think bug or cheap in the same sentence with my inn!.
I agree with you. Whoever came up with the idea that "hotelsbug" would attract guests to a B&B website? And this, not so long after all the news on the web about bed bugs in New York!!!
Not much thought went into that name. I didn't even check the website. Plus my suites are expensive. They are not cheap. So why would I be listed on a website that offers cheap accommodations???
Why oh why does everyone think we need more B&B / hotel directories??? Only a couple come up on the first Google page as it is. And we know there is no value in any pages that follow.
I guarantee that if I googled "bed and breakfast Charlottesville" there would be no "Hotelsbug" website come up.
Riki

No it is not a spam,just check the web site..
Hotelsbug said:
No it is not a spam,just check the web site.
It's spam because the website is awful. Where does the guest go to find a place to stay? The whole home page is all about getting innkeepers to sign up. Take a look at some real directories, make some changes and then come back. Right now, you're spam. All of your emails go directly to my spam folder, which is where they will stay until you realize that guests aren't going to be using your site and inns with any sense won't be listing on it. It's like a link farm the way it is set up now which only makes Google take a close look at any links from you to my site.
All of your pages have an 'innkeeper sign up here!' link. Your inns are listed in no order whatsoever. Those are BIG countries you have on there. If I want a B&B in Canada, I'm searching with no relationship to where I want stay.
Like I said, fix up the site so it works for the guests and then let us know. Until then? Spam.

Spam is UNSOLICITED stuff like you posted on this forum. You ONLY joined this forum to POST SPAM. Duh.
HotelsBUG is a really really bad name btw. Noone will subscribe to a directory with that sort of name. That is like saying Roach Hotel or something.
PS This is a website for Innkeepers - we're not hotels, and not for marketers.

Hotelsbug,
You are welcome to discuss your product and address any of the criticism that has been issued against it, however, I do have to warn you that blatant self promotion (especially on your first posts) is against the rules for this forum. You have a choice:
  1. Continue wildly promoting your directory as you have done in two posts so far and get yourself banned from the forum.
  2. Learn from the feedback here and interact with the members of this forum in ways that do not violate the rules and keep your posting priviledges.
It is my hope that you will choose number 2, because I will have no patience for number 1.

No it is not a spam,just check the web site..
Hotelsbug said:
No it is not a spam,just check the web site.
It's spam because the website is awful. Where does the guest go to find a place to stay? The whole home page is all about getting innkeepers to sign up. Take a look at some real directories, make some changes and then come back. Right now, you're spam. All of your emails go directly to my spam folder, which is where they will stay until you realize that guests aren't going to be using your site and inns with any sense won't be listing on it. It's like a link farm the way it is set up now which only makes Google take a close look at any links from you to my site.
All of your pages have an 'innkeeper sign up here!' link. Your inns are listed in no order whatsoever. Those are BIG countries you have on there. If I want a B&B in Canada, I'm searching with no relationship to where I want stay.
Like I said, fix up the site so it works for the guests and then let us know. Until then? Spam.
Bree said:
Hotelsbug -
Here is some excellent feedback....take note and work on your site. At this point spending a dollar for a listing is just like throwing a dollar in the wind...neither will bring any of us a guest!

hotelsbug said:
Usually the reason for paying more is because the more expensive directories have done what needs to be done to make sure they deliver potential guests (not always true). They show up well in search engines, they have marketing that attracts potential guests, they have features that potential guests like, they have proven their commitment to the industry by developing sites that attract potential guests, not innkeepers.
In addition to the other reasons listed by other innkeepers above, here is a more detailed breakdown
How to spot when a B&B directory is only after your money (I know you saw this already as it was the first thing you read when you landed on the site)
So the answer to "why pay more?", is to get something of value. A listing that nobody sees on a directory nobody uses, is of no value.

Back