Why Rivalry Is Good For Your Business

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do this. I am always comparing what we offer with what is offered elsewhere. It can be demoralizing when someone comes in with better resources and blows us out of the water on amenities.
However, had this phone call yesterday which perked me right up - You were full again when we wanted to come up. We ended up staying at X Inn and Y B&B. They were nice so thanks for the suggestions. But we won't be going back to either of them. It just wasn't the same. Your place is just so homey. We all decided we want to stay with you.
There are 3 of them. And the 2 other places they stayed are the two I know I cannot match for amenities.

One of the things that spurred me to keep going when things were grim was the statement when we opened - "Who is going to come to Shinnston!"
I marketed everything in the area and found everything I could find to see and do just to SHOW THEM!! who is. I KNOW townspeople drive by to see the license plates on the cars parked in front and how often cars are parked in front. I do a mental YES!!!! every time someone mentions a car that was out front or the State of a plate.
I have up-graded everything I could as resourses became available to do it. Nicer robes, flat screen TVs, WiFi... I never stinted on the foods served - always served the Premium OJ instead of Min Maid or d duck. Guests know the difference - at least discerning guests do and they are the ones I usually get. I have worked hard building the reputation of a great place to visit.

I do this. I am always comparing what we offer with what is offered elsewhere. It can be demoralizing when someone comes in with better resources and blows us out of the water on amenities.
However, had this phone call yesterday which perked me right up - You were full again when we wanted to come up. We ended up staying at X Inn and Y B&B. They were nice so thanks for the suggestions. But we won't be going back to either of them. It just wasn't the same. Your place is just so homey. We all decided we want to stay with you.
There are 3 of them. And the 2 other places they stayed are the two I know I cannot match for amenities..
Madeleine said:
But we won't be going back to either of them. It just wasn't the same. Your place is just so homey. We all decided we want to stay with you.
There are 3 of them. And the 2 other places they stayed are the two I know I cannot match for amenities.
You are providing things money can't buy!
heart.gif

Back