Why Staff Should Not Be Allowed Make Decisions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Why Staff Should Not Be Allowed Make Decisions[/h2]Excerpt: "consistent inconsistency"
To cut to the chase, a bar needs to be consistent. Every business needs to be consistent. It's what builds loyalty, recommendations and ultimately revenue.
Click here for article
JB says: In a nutshell the reason innkeepers on this forum obsess over the small stuff. The devil IS IN the details. We DO sweat the small stuff, it is all part of the whole picture.

Sorta on topic, I cleaned out one drawer where I stash all my food rcpts until I collect them in a larger bin (to retain for taxes). I noticed a consistency yesterday that made me chuckle, well snicker anyway. Every single recpt, without exception had one word listed in the purchases. STRAWBERRIES.
I did not realize, and I guess I am fairly predictable or consistent in this as every single breakfast in this B&B has strawberries (at least one of the mornings during their stay). Dependant on the quality which helps determine which breakfast they will appear on and how. In the off season (winter) I am holding out and longing for the hurry-up and get-out-here CA Strawberries to tie me over until the FLA and then eventually the Spring berries come out. The Mexico strawberries not being my first choice at all, might be used in the coldest months.
I have noticed that not many people eat strawberries with breakfast, or garnish with them (restaurants - NO! People at home-rarely!) so for that reason, they add color, sweetness, elegance and continue to hit every plate (starter or main) with in or beside other food.

Sorta on topic, I cleaned out one drawer where I stash all my food rcpts until I collect them in a larger bin (to retain for taxes). I noticed a consistency yesterday that made me chuckle, well snicker anyway. Every single recpt, without exception had one word listed in the purchases. STRAWBERRIES.
I did not realize, and I guess I am fairly predictable or consistent in this as every single breakfast in this B&B has strawberries (at least one of the mornings during their stay). Dependant on the quality which helps determine which breakfast they will appear on and how. In the off season (winter) I am holding out and longing for the hurry-up and get-out-here CA Strawberries to tie me over until the FLA and then eventually the Spring berries come out. The Mexico strawberries not being my first choice at all, might be used in the coldest months.
I have noticed that not many people eat strawberries with breakfast, or garnish with them (restaurants - NO! People at home-rarely!) so for that reason, they add color, sweetness, elegance and continue to hit every plate (starter or main) with in or beside other food..
If I didn't have strawberries, I think I'd have to shut down!!!

sad_smile.gif
It's on the verge of strawberry season here, but the strawberries in the local stores have been AWFUL. I wouldn't dare serve them. Next week, I'm heading to a upick farm where I can make every buck count. I may not be serving them fresh for long, but at least they'll be appetizing.

sad_smile.gif
It's on the verge of strawberry season here, but the strawberries in the local stores have been AWFUL. I wouldn't dare serve them. Next week, I'm heading to a upick farm where I can make every buck count. I may not be serving them fresh for long, but at least they'll be appetizing..
Red Handed Jill said:
sad_smile.gif
It's on the verge of strawberry season here, but the strawberries in the local stores have been AWFUL. I wouldn't dare serve them. Next week, I'm heading to a upick farm where I can make every buck count. I may not be serving them fresh for long, but at least they'll be appetizing.
cheers.gif

Our U-pick just opened this week and I already bought 3 pints of berries at the grocery store, but I do have a note up for guests if they want to u-pick nearby and take home with them. I was devastated, and I should know by now, it is always a busy weekend when I am prepared when they are ready to PICK!
The berries are superior in taste, but don;t last as long as store bought, I agree. Warm in the sun in the field...mmm

We, too, buy strawberries every time we go to the store. Except... the first week of November when even the best store in town has only one half container left for $5... then I have to wait a week or two and serve something else in the meantime.
=)
Kk.

Back