Why Success Always Starts With Failure

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been lurkers for months and are now on the cusp of opening our B&B. We've learned so much from this forum and this link says it all.
We have many questions but will continue to follow and learn. Someday we'll add!
Thank you for this post.

We've been lurkers for months and are now on the cusp of opening our B&B. We've learned so much from this forum and this link says it all.
We have many questions but will continue to follow and learn. Someday we'll add!
Thank you for this post..
Digger O said:
Thank you for this post.
welcome.gif
<-- what he said!

thanks so much=-this makes it all worthwhile and kind of makes me think that we may have failed in keeping our Bed and Breakfast-we tried working for someone that owns one, we are still what we've always wanted to be (for right now) Innkeepers-failure on one end never knowing that while we failed in one we are succeeding in another-loving life with all its trials and errors is wonderful and a learning experience...thank goodness its NEVER BORING if you try new things if one does not work...
Welcome to our forum

Good article. I've been advised by more than one successful person: You don't fail until you quit trying. Keep trying and you'll usually prevail in the end. (Talking about the overall effort. Be flexible to change tactics as needed along the way rather than sticking with one that's failing.)

you know what really works for me? is being completely pig headedly stubborn! there are two phrases you should never use in my prescense "Oh no you don't want to do that" cos the answer will be Yes I do thats exactly why im doing it! Oh no I couldn't possibly usually with a sort of helpless hand waving gesture. this drives me mad!
I have decided my motto for this year is If you don't want to get involved thats fine but stay the hell out of my way! you get so many people "oh its so much work blah blah etc thats fine don't get involved but keep your negative crap out of my way. I have come to realise these sort of people are lazy and they don't want you making them look bad by being amazing so try and drag you down to their level and I aint falling for it.
So I am bulding a good crew of "dooers" around me with good go get positive vibes and we are cracking on. When the economy is in the toilet we all have to work harder and together to do well its common sense.

you know what really works for me? is being completely pig headedly stubborn! there are two phrases you should never use in my prescense "Oh no you don't want to do that" cos the answer will be Yes I do thats exactly why im doing it! Oh no I couldn't possibly usually with a sort of helpless hand waving gesture. this drives me mad!
I have decided my motto for this year is If you don't want to get involved thats fine but stay the hell out of my way! you get so many people "oh its so much work blah blah etc thats fine don't get involved but keep your negative crap out of my way. I have come to realise these sort of people are lazy and they don't want you making them look bad by being amazing so try and drag you down to their level and I aint falling for it.
So I am bulding a good crew of "dooers" around me with good go get positive vibes and we are cracking on. When the economy is in the toilet we all have to work harder and together to do well its common sense..
If you don't want to get involved thats fine but stay the hell out of my way!
Love this :)

Thank you for this post..
Digger O said:
Thank you for this post.
welcome.gif
I did the samething.

So I am bulding a good crew of "dooers" around me with good go get positive vibes and we are cracking on. When the economy is in the toilet we all have to work harder and together to do well its common sense..
.... "Oh no you don't want to do that" cos the answer will be Yes I do thats exactly why im doing it!...
Oh, you don't want to send me the balance of your bank account.
teeth_smile.gif

I understand the feeling. It's like when someone says that you did something to them when you didn't and all I can think is... well, I might as well... at least this way I haven't gotten accused for no reason.

Penelope said:
You need to get that statement on a poster and hang it on your office wall!
Love it!

Penelope said:
Love it!
Nope my statement poster is - I live here and I do this every day maybe you should listen to me and do as I tell you."

Wow, Cambs! Good for you. Sounds like you found your theme.

Penelope said:
Love it!
Im going to have a tshirt made - "there won't be any trouble if you just do as I say the first time!"
Actually this would be better "Just do as I say and no one will get hurt!"

Penelope said:
Love it!
Im going to have a tshirt made - "there won't be any trouble if you just do as I say the first time!"
Actually this would be better "Just do as I say and no one will get hurt!"
Our electrician/handyman has this thing with him employees and excuses. He just doesn't want to hear them, he (rightfully) sees them as simply a waste of time. Just do as he says, don't give him an excuse, just do it.

Penelope said:
Love it!
Nope my statement poster is - I live here and I do this every day maybe you should listen to me and do as I tell you."
"I live here and I do this every day maybe you should listen to me and do as I tell you."
Or I'll break your knees!
Sounds like the guys from Jersey I was around last weekend. They said that to each other "Yousguys from Jersey too, don't break my knees"

Back