WHY ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just checking linkpopularity.com , to see where I dont stand and I see Iam linked to bbonline, my site, P.Lanier, Virtual Cities, Green Hotels, Harrisonburg Tourism etc BUT no bedandbreakfast.com . Why ? thats a lot of money to spend for no links ? or is there another reason ?...Mary in Bwater

That is strange. I checked a couple of local B & B's "link pop" and their bandb.com listing shows up in all three. I did see one for yours under Bing. I am sure there is some web related explanation..but I don't know what it is. I do know they are at the platinum level if that makes a difference or not????

I got all the way to page 6 on Bing before I found a special listed on bandb.com.
That was an interesting little exercise. Found a website out there that still has the PO's info on it.

Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
Just checking linkpopularity.com , to see where I dont stand and I see Iam linked to bbonline, my site, P.Lanier, Virtual Cities, Green Hotels, Harrisonburg Tourism etc BUT no bedandbreakfast.com . Why ? thats a lot of money to spend for no links ? or is there another reason ?...Mary in Bwater
When you go there, which report are you running? If it is for google, then you have to keep in mind that Google intentionally only shows roughly 10% of the links it knows about, and there is little rhyme or reason as to which they choose to show. Yahoo will be the most complete. If yahoo knows about it, google certainly does too.

When you go there, which report are you running? If it is for google, then you have to keep in mind that Google intentionally only shows roughly 10% of the links it knows about, and there is little rhyme or reason as to which they choose to show. Yahoo will be the most complete. If yahoo knows about it, google certainly does too..
swirt said:
you have to keep in mind that Google intentionally only shows roughly 10% of the links it knows about, and there is little rhyme or reason as to which they choose to show. Yahoo will be the most complete. If yahoo knows about it, google certainly does too.
Thanks for posting that. I was really confused when I saw such a short list from google compared to the others.

When you go there, which report are you running? If it is for google, then you have to keep in mind that Google intentionally only shows roughly 10% of the links it knows about, and there is little rhyme or reason as to which they choose to show. Yahoo will be the most complete. If yahoo knows about it, google certainly does too..
Thanks Swirt. Do you have an opinion what a healthy range of links would be?

Thanks Swirt. Do you have an opinion what a healthy range of links would be?
Do you have an opinion what a healthy range of links would be?
Its all relative, so 10-20% more than you competition is a good idea. Not a guarantee, but a good goal to shoot for. Also keep in mind that one good link can be more valuable than 20 low quality ones.

Back