Wierd room names

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the inns I toured while an aspiring had an innkeeper who room hopped. He had a room he generally used unless it was booked. A relative of his stayed with him downstairs somewhere and he'd go sleep on the couch in that room when there were guests. I assume his stuff was there, too, but I don't know...
=)
Kk.

I know of one who has a name The Innkeepers Room. It has nothing in the description of the room saying why it's named that. It's also the most expensive one on their property.
It's another time you say "huh?".
Breakfast Diva said:
I know of one who has a name The Innkeepers Room. It has nothing in the description of the room saying why it's named that. It's also the most expensive one on their property.
It's another time you say "huh?"
It's most expensive because they want enough money if they're moving out.
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
Ha! Can you imagine doing that? Vacating your room when it gets booked? I've heard of innkeepers who do that.
The B&B I know of bought a house nearby and so they turned their quarters into a guest room and they go home each night nearby. That's a whole other topic of conversation!
I know of lots of innkeepers who switch rooms night by night depending on which room is booked. Certainly not the way to do it in my mind. I would never want to live like that and I wouldn't want to stay somewhere like that either:-(
If I were a guest and somehow I learned that I had displaced the innkeepers during my stay, I would feel very uncomfortable!
It's tough enough being an innkeeper and having a personal/family life without adding room hopping to it!
Where do they keep their clothes and personal things? As a guest, I certainly wouldn't be happy to see the innkeeper's things in my closet.
catlady said:
Where do they keep their clothes and personal things? As a guest, I certainly wouldn't be happy to see the innkeeper's things in my closet.
Yeah, tell me about it. Open a closet door and there are a couple of shirts. A few randomly placed 'dressers' in the hallways had other clothing items. What kept getting to me was that I never saw a 'spare' bathroom in the place. I am assuming there was one, somewhere. What really made me think was that I could have chosen THEIR room for my stay, it was just luck of the draw that I didn't. And when they told us that's how they lived, I just didn't even want to think about it. In season they slept on the floor in the back of the kitchen.

All the rooms here were named after the famous person who lived here, his family and some other personal names from his life. 2 of the rooms just had plain 'location' names (like 'Corner Room') and we're changing those to fit more into the theme that was created. The original names were colors.

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
Ha! Can you imagine doing that? Vacating your room when it gets booked? I've heard of innkeepers who do that.
The B&B I know of bought a house nearby and so they turned their quarters into a guest room and they go home each night nearby. That's a whole other topic of conversation!
I know of lots of innkeepers who switch rooms night by night depending on which room is booked. Certainly not the way to do it in my mind. I would never want to live like that and I wouldn't want to stay somewhere like that either:-(
If I were a guest and somehow I learned that I had displaced the innkeepers during my stay, I would feel very uncomfortable!
It's tough enough being an innkeeper and having a personal/family life without adding room hopping to it!
catlady said:
Yeah, tell me about it. Open a closet door and there are a couple of shirts. A few randomly placed 'dressers' in the hallways had other clothing items. What kept getting to me was that I never saw a 'spare' bathroom in the place. I am assuming there was one, somewhere. What really made me think was that I could have chosen THEIR room for my stay, it was just luck of the draw that I didn't. And when they told us that's how they lived, I just didn't even want to think about it. In season they slept on the floor in the back of the kitchen.
Bree said: "In season they slept on the floor in the back of the kitchen."
Wow, that is just sad to me! Did they really have to do that to make ends meet? What a way to live..........

yea..whats up with that? We named our rooms after our parents...is that weird? We also kind of catered it to their personalities guests think thats great.
What if any inspirations did all of you have when naming your rooms?.
One room is named for the teenager who wrote her "loves" on the walls of her room. The other two are named for the families that owned the house.
My daughter wrote the words to "Dark Side of the Moon" on her wall with day glo paint. After four coats of paint you could still see it in the right (wrong!) light. There is a dresser in front of it now. Good thing I like Pink Floyd.
BTW - a guest would NEVER want to stay in my room. Last one to get cleaned, of course!

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
catlady said:
Wow, that is just sad to me! Did they really have to do that to make ends meet? What a way to live..........
Samster said:
They said it was worth it.

yea..whats up with that? We named our rooms after our parents...is that weird? We also kind of catered it to their personalities guests think thats great.
One room is named for the teenager who wrote her "loves" on the walls of her room. The other two are named for the families that owned the house.
My daughter wrote the words to "Dark Side of the Moon" on her wall with day glo paint. After four coats of paint you could still see it in the right (wrong!) light. There is a dresser in front of it now. Good thing I like Pink Floyd.
BTW - a guest would NEVER want to stay in my room. Last one to get cleaned, of course!
aieechihuahua said:
Wow... at least yours gets cleaned! Mine, too.... someday... maybe...
=)
Kk.

aieechihuahua said:
Wow... at least yours gets cleaned! Mine, too.... someday... maybe...
=)
Kk.
I have to clean it...my grandson loves to hang in there and watch movies. Gotta think of his health! LOL

Back